A lttile though on multiverses.

• Thread starter Gedatsu
  • Start date
In summary, the multiverse theory suggests that there are an infinite number of universes, each with its own set of events. If someone were to undergo radiation therapy and develop cancer in one of these universes, that cancer would also be present in their copy of the universe. However, there is no connection between the copies.
Gedatsu
First of all, I'm a newcomer to quantum subjects, and if there are any mistakes in my exposure please don't get mad. And, of course, please corrcet me.
Using the multiverse teory (every possibility will originate a new universe) I thought of a problem:
Imagine I though of exposing myself to radiation (for whatever reason), if I consider seriously that option, it becomes a possibility, and then I changed my mind, in another universe I would go and expose myself.
Then there would be two mes, one safe and another in exposure, but our quantiqual information would be the exact same, and thus we would enter at a paralelism, everything that happens to him happens to me, and his atoms would start changing by radiation, and so would mine, and if gets cancer so will I.
Is this hipothesis valid?

Physics news on Phys.org
Gedatsu said:
and thus we would enter at a paralelism, everything that happens to him happens to me

If you are assuming something like a Level-I Multiverse, there's absolutely no connection between your copy and you.

What do you mean by "entering to a parallelism together"?

Your copy would be evolving in an entirely different fashion if it chooses to expose himself to high levels of radiation.

There's no connection between you and your copies.

Actually there have been some experimentations and it seems that two things with the exact same information share a bond.
Two atoms with exact same inf. (spin etc.) would connect and if one lost an eletron, so would the other.
So if another me exists, it has the exact same info. and if it's atoms where altered so would mine.
I'm still a begginer at this subject though.

Gedatsu said:
Actually there have been some experimentations and it seems that two things with the exact same information share a bond.
Two atoms with exact same inf. (spin etc.) would connect and if one lost an eletron, so would the other.
So if another me exists, it has the exact same info. and if it's atoms where altered so would mine.
I'm still a begginer at this subject though.

No. Not at all. Relating entanglement to multiverses is based on nothing. Things with the same spin/other quantum numbers are not automatically entangled...

In a thread earlier (Past Uncertainty) today I posted the following which sheds a little light on your question:

I finally found a brief reference I was seeking: I had hoped, here, to possibly receive some interpretations of Fay Dowker/James Hartle/Murray Gell Mann's "consistent histories formulation" of quantum cosmology, a formulation based on decoherence...or even better, some more recent work of others or updates...

Different histories apparently CAN be elicited via different inquiries...The reference dates to a Quantum Gravity conference, Durham England, 1995...and I have not seen anything else since...It's a brief passage in Lee Smolin's THREE ROADS TO QUANTUM GRAVITY, pAGE 43-45, 2001...

You may wish to follow that thread and see if anyone has answers...

What is a multiverse?

A multiverse is a hypothetical concept in which there are multiple parallel universes that exist alongside our own. These universes may have different physical laws, constants, and histories.

What is the evidence for multiverses?

Currently, there is no direct evidence for the existence of multiverses. However, some theories in physics, such as string theory and inflationary cosmology, suggest the possibility of a multiverse. Additionally, some observations of the cosmic microwave background radiation and the distribution of galaxies also support the idea of a multiverse.

How can we test the existence of multiverses?

Testing the existence of multiverses is a challenging task as it involves studying other universes that are not accessible to us. Some proposed methods include looking for signatures in the cosmic microwave background radiation, studying the behavior of particles in colliders, and searching for anomalies in the laws of physics.

What are the implications of multiverses?

If proven to be true, multiverses would revolutionize our understanding of the universe and our place in it. It would also raise questions about the nature of reality and the possibility of infinite variations of ourselves in other universes.

Is there a consensus among scientists about the existence of multiverses?

No, there is currently no consensus among scientists about the existence of multiverses. Some scientists support the idea, while others remain skeptical due to the lack of direct evidence. The concept of multiverses is still a topic of ongoing research and debate in the scientific community.