Good Flight Simulator for PC | $100-$1000

In summary, a good flight simulator for PC should have realistic graphics, a wide range of aircraft and airports, accurate flight dynamics, customizable settings, and engaging missions. While a high-end computer can enhance performance, there are options available for lower-end computers. Flight simulators can be used for training purposes, but cannot replace actual flight training. There are budget-friendly options available, and most simulators are compatible with joysticks or controllers. It is important to check compatibility and read reviews before purchasing.
KrazyIBKid
This isn't really an Engineering question more rather an an aero question. What is a good Flight Simulator other than the real thing, (commercially, ranging between $100- $1,000). Anyone have ideas (for PC)

Physics news on Phys.org
I was told that the Microsoft FS is very good.
Myself, don't have time for such things. :wink:

I have mic. FS 2004 PE (professional edition.. its pretty cool, they have expansions for it) but i was wondering if there were any better?.. wasnt gonnamention it so ppl would be unbiased but it seems that a good one to keep with,

1. What features should I look for in a good flight simulator for PC?

A good flight simulator for PC should have realistic graphics, a wide range of aircraft and airports to choose from, accurate flight dynamics, and customizable settings. It should also offer a variety of missions and scenarios to keep the experience engaging.

2. Is it necessary to have a high-end computer to run a good flight simulator?

While having a high-end computer can enhance the graphics and overall performance of a flight simulator, there are many options available that can run on lower-end computers. It is important to check the system requirements of the simulator before purchasing to ensure compatibility.

3. Can I use a flight simulator for training purposes?

Yes, many flight simulators offer realistic training scenarios and can be used as a supplementary tool for pilots and aviation enthusiasts. However, it is important to note that a simulator cannot replace actual flight training and should only be used as a supplement.

4. Are there any budget-friendly options for a good flight simulator?

Yes, there are many affordable flight simulators available for PC that offer a good range of features and functionality. It is important to research and read reviews to find the best option within your budget.

5. Can I use a flight simulator with a joystick or controller?

Most flight simulators are compatible with joysticks or controllers, which can enhance the experience and make it more realistic. It is important to check the compatibility of your chosen controller with the simulator before purchasing.