Need help, impossible differential equation

In summary, The attachment contains a first-order linear differential equation with non-constant coefficients. The solution is not trivial and the problem involves a tapered beam. It is actually a second-order equation and it would be helpful to simplify it by writing the constants in a simpler form. The person seeking help is a civil engineering undergraduate.
Juseb3
in attachment you can see the equation

Attachments

• ecuacion.bmp
    94.7 KB · Views: 660
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry, I know that if Ed has a solution, but I really need help.

It is a first order linear differential equation, but the coefficients are not constant.

It's solution isn't trivital; for me.

I am student of undergraduate of civil engineering.

The Ed is of a problem of a tapered beam

Juseb3 said:
It is a first order linear differential equation, but the coefficients are not constant.

It's solution isn't trivital; for me.

I am student of undergraduate of civil engineering.

The Ed is of a problem of a tapered beam

Actually, it's a second-order one.

It is easier to see how to proceed if you write the constants on a simpler form.

Attachments

• Bessel ODE.JPG
    Bessel ODE.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,032
JJacquelin thank you very much for your help!

For solving (X^n)*U''-B*U=0 :

Attachments

• Bessel.JPG
    Bessel.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 423

1. What is an impossible differential equation?

An impossible differential equation is a type of mathematical equation that cannot be solved using traditional methods. This type of equation typically involves high-order derivatives or non-linear functions, making it extremely difficult or even impossible to find an analytical solution.

2. How can I identify if an equation is an impossible differential equation?

An impossible differential equation can be identified by examining the order of the derivatives and the complexity of the functions involved. If the equation includes high-order derivatives or non-linear functions, it is likely an impossible differential equation.

3. Can an impossible differential equation be solved?

No, an impossible differential equation cannot be solved using traditional methods. However, there are advanced techniques and numerical methods that can be used to approximate a solution.

4. What are some applications of impossible differential equations?

Impossible differential equations have a wide range of applications in various fields, including physics, engineering, and economics. They are used to model complex systems and behaviors that cannot be described by simple equations.

5. How can I get help with an impossible differential equation?

If you are struggling with an impossible differential equation, it is best to seek help from a mathematician or a tutor who specializes in advanced mathematics. You can also find resources and online communities dedicated to discussing and solving these types of equations.