And the 2011 PF Award Winners Are

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: PF Helpers!In summary, the 2011 PF Award Winners are Fredrik for Physics, mathwonk for Mathematics, marcus for Astro/Cosmo, AlephZero for Engineering, I Like Serena for Homework Help, tiny-tim for Homework Help, Andy Resnick for Other Sciences, A. Neumaier for Newcomer Award, drizzle for Community Spirit, Pengwuino for Best Humor, and Bassalisk for the Random Winner. Congratulations to all the winners and nominees for their hard work and dedication to the PF community. Thank you for your contributions and making PF a great place for learning and discussion.
And the 2011 PF Award Winners Are...!

Congratulations to...

Physics
Fredrik

Mathematics
mathwonk

Astro/Cosmo
marcus

Engineering
AlephZero

Homework Help
I Like Serena

Homework Help
tiny-tim

Other Sciences
Andy Resnick

Newcomer Award
A. Neumaier

Community Spirit
drizzle

Best Humor
Pengwuino

Random winner (wins copy of MathType curiosity of Design Science)
Bassalisk

Physics news on Phys.org

Congrats, all!

So how does this work? Do we now all fight each other until only one penguin is left standing and they receive ownership of PF?

Congrats all!

two homework helps?

Pengwuino said:
So how does this work? Do we now all fight each other until only one penguin is left standing and they receive ownership of PF?
Standard operating procedure is to throw the penguin that won the best humor award into the volcano.

Don't take it personal. We have rules and traditions at this site.
Congrats, all!

Penguins + volcanoes = good eats.

All well deserving winners. Congratulations.

Congratulations all!

D H said:
Standard operating procedure is to throw the penguin that won the best humor award into the volcano.
It is honorable for a penguin to sacrifice his life for the entertainment of others.

Congratulations to all the winners. Pengwuino, resist the urge to head for the volcano. We want ever increasing amounts of humor, not less, and we want the same high quality we have grown accustomed to.

Congrats to all!

PS:
A special congratulations to drizzle! :)

Congratulations all!

o_O How's that?... Okay, but don't expect anything in return Pengy bird! :biggrin:

Thanks all, but this one should go to lisab. Funny enough I'm the one who's not going to be active anymore around here...

drizzle said:
o_O How's that?... Okay, but don't expect anything in return Pengy bird! :biggrin:

Thanks all, but this one should go to lisab. Funny enough I'm the one who's not going to be active anymore around here...
Don't you go away, PF Buddy! It's not like you owe me, but I'll sure miss you.

Let's just see what the days bring. I will surely miss you all.

drizzle said:
Funny enough I'm the one who's not going to be active anymore around here...

Huh, why not?? :frown: Don't leave us drizzle!

Drizzle is in a "secret location", though somebody ought to find her and nail her down so she can't leave. "Sit!" "Stay!" :tongue:

Congratulations everyone!

:biggrin: Good job all!

Congratulations!

This was quite a surprise, since I was far behind a couple of days ago. I must have gotten a lot of votes in the last 24 hours. Thanks everyone who voted for me.

Fredrik said:
This was quite a surprise, since I was far behind a couple of days ago. I must have gotten a lot of votes in the last 24 hours. Thanks everyone who voted for me.
The last four hours made the difference, I think.

Congratulations. We are so lucky to have you here.

Congrats, all!

Congrats to all the winners! :smile:

Congratulations to everyone!

Grats all!

Congrats to the well-deserved winners! And in fact to all who were nominated!

Congratulations to all the nominees and winners of this year's awards!

drizzle said:

That medal looks good on you, drizzle :approve:!

I know how it is when things get in the way of what we want to do. I hope you're around here as much as you want to be :smile:!

Thank you very much. I am sincerely honored. I appreciate that it is given on Dec. 11 too, oddly enough, since I once received a teaching award plaque at school that was dated April 1.

Congrats Winners!

congrats to all winners :D:D:D

Congratulations winners, especially tiny-tim!

<h2>1. What is the "2011 PF Award Winners" event?</h2><p>The "2011 PF Award Winners" event is an annual ceremony that recognizes the top performers in the field of physics and astronomy. It is organized by the Physics Foundation (PF) and celebrates the achievements and contributions of scientists in these fields.</p><h2>2. How are the winners chosen for the "2011 PF Award Winners" event?</h2><p>The winners for the "2011 PF Award Winners" event are chosen through a rigorous selection process. Nominations are first submitted by members of the scientific community, and then a panel of experts from the PF reviews and evaluates the nominees based on their research, publications, and overall impact in the field.</p><h2>3. Who is eligible to receive an award at the "2011 PF Award Winners" event?</h2><p>Scientists from any country and any career stage are eligible to receive an award at the "2011 PF Award Winners" event. The only requirement is that their work must have made significant contributions to the fields of physics or astronomy.</p><h2>4. What are the categories for the "2011 PF Award Winners" event?</h2><p>The "2011 PF Award Winners" event has multiple categories, including theoretical physics, experimental physics, astrophysics, and cosmology. There are also special awards for young scientists and lifetime achievement.</p><h2>5. What is the significance of the "2011 PF Award Winners" event for the scientific community?</h2><p>The "2011 PF Award Winners" event is an important platform for recognizing and honoring the achievements of scientists in the fields of physics and astronomy. It not only celebrates their contributions but also inspires and encourages others to pursue groundbreaking research in these fields.</p>

1. What is the "2011 PF Award Winners" event?

The "2011 PF Award Winners" event is an annual ceremony that recognizes the top performers in the field of physics and astronomy. It is organized by the Physics Foundation (PF) and celebrates the achievements and contributions of scientists in these fields.

2. How are the winners chosen for the "2011 PF Award Winners" event?

The winners for the "2011 PF Award Winners" event are chosen through a rigorous selection process. Nominations are first submitted by members of the scientific community, and then a panel of experts from the PF reviews and evaluates the nominees based on their research, publications, and overall impact in the field.

3. Who is eligible to receive an award at the "2011 PF Award Winners" event?

Scientists from any country and any career stage are eligible to receive an award at the "2011 PF Award Winners" event. The only requirement is that their work must have made significant contributions to the fields of physics or astronomy.

4. What are the categories for the "2011 PF Award Winners" event?

The "2011 PF Award Winners" event has multiple categories, including theoretical physics, experimental physics, astrophysics, and cosmology. There are also special awards for young scientists and lifetime achievement.

5. What is the significance of the "2011 PF Award Winners" event for the scientific community?

The "2011 PF Award Winners" event is an important platform for recognizing and honoring the achievements of scientists in the fields of physics and astronomy. It not only celebrates their contributions but also inspires and encourages others to pursue groundbreaking research in these fields.