Skepticism: Collapse of Wave Function and Deletion of My Thread

• Thread starter HelpNowPlease
  • Start date
In summary, a user created a thread in the skeptisism forum about the collapse of the wave function, which was later deleted. The user inquired about the reason for the deletion and was informed that the thread was under moderation and being discussed by the mentors. The moderators explained that they are evaluating the thread to ensure it meets the forum's standards for accuracy, mainstream science, and appropriate sources. The user was reminded to review the forum rules before posting.
HelpNowPlease
I created a thread in skeptisism about how the collapse of the wave function causes collapse, why was it deleted?

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, I have not had time to send you a message. The thread is in moderation and is being discussed by the mentors. We will let you know our decision on it within 24 hours.

Madam, why is my thread being discussed, do I have no say in the matter?

HelpNowPlease said:
Madam, why is my thread being discussed, do I have no say in the matter?
Your thread is being discussed to see if it meets our minimum criteria for posting (accuracy, mainstream science, appropriate peer reviewed sources cited, discussion value, etc...).

If you haven't read our rules yet that you agreed to when you joined, you might want to do so now. The global guidelines can be found under the RULES link found at the top of every page. Additionally, individual sub-forums may also have additional rules and can be found at the top of those forums as a sticky.

1. What is the collapse of wave function in regards to skepticism?

The collapse of wave function is a concept in quantum mechanics that suggests that an object's wave function, which describes its potential location and properties, is reduced to a single state or location when it is observed or measured. In skepticism, this idea is often used to explain how our perceptions and beliefs can influence reality.

2. How does the deletion of a thread relate to skepticism?

The deletion of a thread, or the removal of information or evidence, is often used as a metaphor for the skeptical idea that our memories and perceptions can be unreliable and easily manipulated. It also highlights the importance of critical thinking and questioning the validity of information.

3. What does skepticism say about the nature of reality?

Skepticism does not necessarily have a definitive stance on the nature of reality. However, it often questions the reliability of our perceptions and beliefs, and suggests that reality may be more complex and elusive than we initially perceive it to be.

4. Can skepticism be applied to all areas of knowledge and belief?

Yes, skepticism is a universal approach that can be applied to all areas of knowledge and belief. It encourages critical thinking, questioning, and seeking evidence and logical explanations for claims and beliefs.

5. How does skepticism differ from cynicism?

Skepticism and cynicism are often used interchangeably, but they are not the same. While skepticism involves questioning and seeking evidence, cynicism is a more negative and distrustful attitude towards beliefs and claims. Cynics may believe that all knowledge and beliefs are ultimately false or meaningless, while skeptics aim to critically evaluate and understand the world around them.