Qualifications for Science Advisers

• Thread starter SW VandeCarr
  • Start date
In summary: I guess too hard to read? I've also been dismissed because the user looked at my profile and saw I'm a student so they assumed I was an idiot who couldn't possibly know anything. By filtering users by qualifications you are creating a snobby and elitist community which is what we try to avoid.
Ryan_m_b said:
True but those are optional, I don't think lack of posted qualifications by SAs is a problem and I don't think the site would be improved by changing that.

I guess we're back to where we started so let's agree to disagree.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I think we've beaten this to death.

jtbell said:
To repeat a cliché:

Internet_dog.jpg

Lock this Puppy. :devil:

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/000000/00000/1000/500/1516/1516.strip.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
SW VandeCarr said:
Like I said, you have your opinion. I have mine. PF wouldn't have stickies inviting people to post their qualifications if someone in authority didn't think it was relevant.
The sticky in Biology was one mentor's curiosity about the people that were posting since she was a biologist. I had forgotten that was even there. It definitely is not meant to determine anything as far as posting quality goes, so if that is what you believe, that is wrong.

For some reason, you seem to refuse to believe what we are telling you about how SAs are selected. There is nothing else to say.

And this thread is closed.

Last edited: