Financial contributor <-> content contributor

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Pythagorean
  • Start date
In summary, a member's gold membership has expired and they are no longer able to contribute learning materials to the forum. They propose that allowing non-gold members to contribute, with restrictions such as a timer or post count minimum, could benefit the community. Another member suggests using the "Report" button to suggest suitable learning materials for the forum, but it is noted that the name of the button may be misleading.
Pythagorean
Gold Member
my gold membership has effectively worn off and I can't submit learning tutorials, lecture notes, or open courses to physicsforums anymore. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to people if poor-but-willing-to-contribute members could without gold status?

Maybe you could put a timer or post count min on it instead? (to avoid spambots and rampant crackpottery posting)

Physics news on Phys.org
Simply post it in an appropriate discussion forum for the subject area and use the "Report" button to suggest to us that it might be suitable for the Learning Materials forums. If we agree, we'll move it. :smile:

wooahhh, report doesn't have to be negative. you totally just blew my mind.

Pythagorean said:
my gold membership has effectively worn off and I can't submit learning tutorials, lecture notes, or open courses to physicsforums anymore.

You can do this? Learned something new today.

What is a financial contributor?

A financial contributor is an individual or organization that provides monetary support to a project or platform. They may also be referred to as a sponsor or donor.

What is a content contributor?

A content contributor is an individual or organization that creates or provides content for a project or platform. This can include written articles, images, videos, or other forms of media.

What is the relationship between a financial contributor and a content contributor?

The relationship between a financial contributor and a content contributor is that the former provides financial support while the latter provides content. This support allows the content contributor to continue creating and sharing their work.

What are the benefits of being a financial contributor?

Being a financial contributor allows you to support and contribute to projects or platforms that align with your values and interests. It can also give you access to exclusive content or perks, depending on the project or platform.

How can I become a financial or content contributor?

You can become a financial contributor by researching and finding projects or platforms that you want to support and following their instructions for making a contribution. To become a content contributor, you can reach out to the project or platform and inquire about their submission process.