Where to take Introductory Modern Physics online?

In summary, the best online platform for taking Introductory Modern Physics courses is Coursera, which offers a wide variety of courses from top universities and provides interactive learning tools and resources. There are also several free options for learning Introductory Modern Physics, such as edX, Khan Academy, and OpenLearn. Many online platforms offer certificates or degrees for completing these courses, but they may come at an additional cost and may not hold the same weight as a traditional university degree. The recommended amount of time to dedicate to an online Introductory Modern Physics course is 3-5 hours per week for a 6-8 week course, but this may vary based on individual learning styles. Some courses may also have prerequisites, such as a basic understanding
relativitydude
Where to take "Introductory Modern Physics" online?

I missed taking "introductory modern physics" this semester and need it for my junior classes. Does anyone know of an institution that has an online class for it? Or I would even study it independently and take a test on it.

Help!

Physics news on Phys.org
**Bump** I guess there is no such thing

There are many online resources available for introductory modern physics. Some options include taking the course through a university's online program, enrolling in a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), or finding a reputable online education platform that offers the course. Some universities that offer online introductory modern physics courses include MIT, Harvard, and Stanford. Additionally, websites like Coursera, edX, and Khan Academy offer free or low-cost courses on a variety of subjects, including modern physics. It is also possible to find online textbooks and other resources to study independently and then take a test to demonstrate your understanding. It is important to research and compare different options to find the best fit for your needs and learning style. Best of luck in your studies!

1. What is the best online platform for taking Introductory Modern Physics courses?

The best online platform for taking Introductory Modern Physics courses is Coursera. It offers a wide variety of courses from top universities and provides interactive learning tools and resources.

2. Are there any free online options for learning Introductory Modern Physics?

Yes, there are several free online options for learning Introductory Modern Physics. Some popular platforms include edX, Khan Academy, and OpenLearn. These platforms offer high-quality courses taught by experienced instructors at no cost.

3. Can I receive a certificate or degree for completing an online Introductory Modern Physics course?

Yes, many online platforms offer certificates or even degrees for completing Introductory Modern Physics courses. However, these certificates or degrees may come at an additional cost and may not hold the same weight as a traditional university degree.

4. How much time should I dedicate to an online Introductory Modern Physics course?

The amount of time needed to complete an online Introductory Modern Physics course may vary depending on the platform and the course material. Generally, it is recommended to dedicate 3-5 hours per week for a 6-8 week course. However, this may vary based on individual learning styles and pace.

5. Are there any prerequisites for taking an online Introductory Modern Physics course?

There may be prerequisites for some online Introductory Modern Physics courses, such as a basic understanding of calculus and classical mechanics. It is important to review the course requirements before enrolling to ensure you have the necessary background knowledge.