Need guidance - Inexperienced at Automotive Company

In summary, the person is a fresh employee at an automotive company and is part of the design optimization and localization team, specifically working on doors. However, they have no experience in design or technical work and are concerned about their future in this field. They mention being in Michigan, where the auto industry dominates. They are seeking guidance on the scope of their field.
kalidas1992
Need guidance -- Inexperienced at Automotive Company...

I am working in a reputed Automobile company. I am now in design optimization and localization team, to be more precise i am in door team. I am a fresher and joined two months back. I came to know that i don't have any design work like designing using any software nor anything technical. I fear now whether i will be having any scope in the future if i work in this field. Please help me to get a detailed view of my future based on the field i work now.

Physics news on Phys.org
I know nothing about cars but ended up working in the auto industry because that is all there is in Michigan. :(

Physics_UG said:
I know nothing about cars but ended up working in the auto industry because that is all there is in Michigan. :(

THANKS but i needed the scope of my field?

1. What are the necessary qualifications for working at an automotive company?

The qualifications for working at an automotive company vary depending on the specific role you are interested in. Generally, a degree in engineering or a related field is preferred, along with experience in the automotive industry and strong technical skills. Some positions may also require certifications or specialized training. It is best to research the specific company and job requirements to determine the necessary qualifications.

2. How can I gain experience in the automotive industry?

There are several ways to gain experience in the automotive industry, such as internships, co-op programs, and entry-level positions. You can also consider taking courses or workshops related to automotive technology, attending industry events and conferences, and networking with professionals in the field. Volunteering or participating in projects related to automotive work can also provide valuable experience.

3. What skills are most important for success in the automotive industry?

Some important skills for success in the automotive industry include strong technical abilities, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a team. Additionally, communication skills, project management skills, and a willingness to continuously learn and adapt to new technologies are also highly valued in this industry.

4. How can I find a mentor or seek guidance in the automotive industry?

One way to find a mentor in the automotive industry is to reach out to professionals in your network or through industry events and ask if they would be willing to mentor you. You can also join professional organizations or online communities related to the automotive industry, which may offer mentorship programs. Additionally, some companies have formal mentorship programs for their employees.

5. What are some common challenges faced by inexperienced individuals working at an automotive company?

Some common challenges for inexperienced individuals in the automotive industry include learning new technologies and processes, navigating complex projects and timelines, and adapting to a fast-paced and constantly evolving industry. It is important to continuously seek guidance and learning opportunities, communicate effectively with colleagues, and be open to feedback and growth.