Maximizing Weight Capacity of Sawhorses with Evenly Distributed Loads on I-Beams

• Thread starter blake92
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forces
In summary, the conversation discusses the factors that need to be taken into account when determining the weight capacity of sawhorses in a setup with evenly distributed and uniform load on I-beams. It is mentioned that the maximum load of the I-beams and the forces in the sawhorse legs may affect the answers. The goal is to determine where all the forces are going and how much weight each sawhorse and I-beam would bear in such a scenario.
blake92
In this type of setup, i was wondering what i needed to take into account to determine how much weight each sawhorse can hold. when an evenly distributed and uniform load is applied ontop of the I-beams.

Do i need to determine the max load of the I-beams going across?

How will the I-beams affect my answers?

Do i need to determine the forces in the saw horse legs?

These question and related material that you think is crucial is what I am trying to find out. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Sawhorse.jpg
    Sawhorse.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 374
Engineering news on Phys.org
What is it are you trying to find out?

SteamKing said:
What is it are you trying to find out?

I just want to know where all the forces are going and if i applied let's say 100lbs to the I-beams evenly would each take on half of that (50lbs) and then would each saw horse take half of that (25lbs) per beam?

What is a force?

A force is a push or pull that can cause an object to change its speed, direction, or shape.

What are the different types of forces?

There are four main types of forces: gravitational, electromagnetic, strong nuclear, and weak nuclear. Gravitational forces are related to mass and distance, electromagnetic forces are related to electric charges, and strong and weak nuclear forces are related to the interactions between subatomic particles.

What is stress?

Stress is a force applied to an object that causes it to deform or change shape.

What are the different types of stresses?

The three main types of stresses are tension, compression, and shear. Tension stress pulls an object apart, compression stress pushes an object together, and shear stress causes parts of an object to slide past each other.

What are loads?

Loads refer to the forces acting on a structure or object. These can include weight, wind, water, and other external forces that can affect the stability and integrity of the object.