What is the name of this component (green)?

In summary, the conversation is discussing a green component that is a type of ratchet mechanism used for freewheeling. It is also referred to as a ratcheting freewheel mechanism and can be found as a plastic gear component. However, the specific design mentioned may need to be fabricated or sourced from a manufacturer.
jiayue92
what is the green component? what is the name?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I don't know the name for that specific device, but it is a type of ratchet mechanism.

Edit: To further classify this, one might call it a ratcheting freewheel mechanism. The one thing of which I'm unsure how to classify, is that the ratchet mechanism is based on the deflection of the ratchet, rather than a pivoting arm-and-spring style mechanism.

i found the photo on google. I am looking for a plastic gear component that allow gear to turn freely in one direction, but engage in opposite direction. do u have any idea?

I'm sure someone makes plastic freewheels, or you could easily have it fabricated for you. As far as that specific design, I don't know.

1. What is the scientific name for this green component?

The scientific name for this green component is chlorophyll.

2. What are the properties of this green component?

The properties of this green component include its ability to absorb light energy and convert it into chemical energy through photosynthesis.

3. How does this green component contribute to the environment?

This green component plays a crucial role in the environment by producing oxygen through photosynthesis, which is essential for supporting life on Earth.

4. What organisms contain this green component?

Plants, algae, and some bacteria contain this green component as it is necessary for photosynthesis to occur.

5. Can this green component be harmful to humans?

In high concentrations, this green component can be toxic to humans, but in small amounts, it is not harmful and is actually beneficial as it is found in many green vegetables and fruits.