Itemized list disrupted by advertisement

• Thread starter dodo
  • Start date
In summary, there is an issue with the formatting of posts with itemized lists when there is an advertisement on the left side of the post. This can be seen in post #10 of a specific thread, and is particularly noticeable when viewing the post while logged out. The same issue is also present in this conversation itself. The poster expresses frustration with advertisements obscuring the content of posts and suggests that it may discourage potential users from signing up. The issue has been acknowledged and will be addressed.
dodo
Hi,
a post with an "itemized list" like this
  • item 1
  • item 2
  • item 3
appears to get its formatting disrupted when there is an advertisement at the left of the post.

An example is on post#10 of this thread,
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=4252590

at least as of now, when post#10 is the last post -- this may change with time, of course. BTW, it looks OK when I am logged in (as there is no publicity), but disrupted when I review it after logging out.

P.S.: Hey, actually *this* post is an example of the problem. As long as you see it with publicity (i.e. logged off).

Physics news on Phys.org
I noticed that quotes were being ran off the page by ads when I was looking around while not being logged in. I thought that was normal for not being gold.

I clicked a link in my email to visit a thread and I wasn't logged in and got something like this:
2r3h7w7.jpg

If I did not already visit PF regularly I would think twice about signing up in all honesty since I get frustrated by advertisements that obscure the content.

QuarkCharmer said:
I clicked a link in my email to visit a thread and I wasn't logged in and got something like this:
2r3h7w7.jpg

If I did not already visit PF regularly I would think twice about signing up in all honesty since I get frustrated by advertisements that obscure the content.

Thanks for the feedback. That is a problem I will address.

1. What is an itemized list disrupted by advertisement?

An itemized list disrupted by advertisement refers to a list of items or information that is interrupted by an advertisement, often in a disruptive or intrusive manner. This can happen in various forms, such as pop-up ads or banner ads that appear in the middle of a list, causing the reader to lose their place or focus.

2. Why do advertisements disrupt itemized lists?

Advertisements are often placed strategically to grab the attention of the reader and promote a product or service. In the case of itemized lists, advertisers may choose to interrupt the list in order to gain maximum exposure and potentially increase their chances of reaching potential customers.

3. How can itemized lists disrupted by advertisements affect the reader?

Disruptive advertisements can have a negative impact on the reader, as they can be distracting and cause frustration. They may also interrupt the flow of information, making it difficult for the reader to follow or understand the list.

4. Are there any benefits to having advertisements in itemized lists?

While advertisements may benefit the advertiser, they may not necessarily benefit the reader. However, in some cases, the advertisement may be relevant to the content of the list and provide useful information or resources for the reader.

5. How can we minimize the disruption caused by advertisements in itemized lists?

One way to minimize the disruption caused by advertisements in itemized lists is to use ad blockers or plugins that can prevent ads from appearing on the webpage. Another option is to carefully choose where to place advertisements, such as at the beginning or end of the list, rather than in the middle.