How can i find AC frequency from DC?

In summary, AC frequency can be found using various equations and is linked to AC voltage, as any AC waveform will have a frequency or range of frequencies. If the waveform is a pure sine wave, it will have one frequency. However, the RMS voltage does not depend on frequency as it is only a measure of the average voltage. Changing the frequency only affects the sine wave on the time axis and does not affect the amplitudes.
thebluser
can you tell me all of the equations to find AC frequency? also, what is AC voltage? is it somehow linked to frequency?

Engineering news on Phys.org
no, no it didn't.

thebluser said:
can you tell me all of the equations to find AC frequency? also, what is AC voltage? is it somehow linked to frequency?

thebluser said:
no, no it didn't.

Your questions are not making much sense yet. What is the context of your question? Why didn't the wiki article help?

my question is if AC voltage is somehow linked to AC frequency

thebluser said:
my question is if AC voltage is somehow linked to AC frequency

Yes. Any AC waveform will have a frequency or range of frequencies (and potentially a DC offset as well). If the AC waveform is a pure sine wave, it will have one frequency.

Assuming you're talking about purely sinsoidal waves.

The RMS voltage doesn't depend on the frequency since it is just a measure of the average voltage (or the average of the amplitude of the sine wave). This isn't affected by the frequency as if you change the frequency you only change the sine wave in the horizontal or time axis so this doesn't affect the amplitudes.

thanks for your help.

1. How can I convert DC to AC?

To convert DC to AC, you will need to use an electronic device called an inverter. An inverter works by converting the DC power source into an AC power source, allowing you to use devices that require AC power.

2. What is the difference between AC and DC frequency?

The main difference between AC and DC frequency is that AC frequency is constantly changing, while DC frequency remains constant. AC frequency refers to the number of cycles per second that the current alternates direction, while DC frequency refers to the number of times per second that the current remains in the same direction.

3. How can I measure the frequency of an AC current?

To measure the frequency of an AC current, you can use a device called an oscilloscope. An oscilloscope measures the voltage and time of an AC signal and displays it as a waveform. By counting the number of cycles within a certain time frame, you can determine the frequency of the AC current.

4. Is there a way to convert AC frequency to DC?

No, it is not possible to directly convert AC frequency to DC. However, you can use a device called a rectifier to convert AC current to pulsating DC current. The pulsating DC current can then be smoothed out using a capacitor to produce a more constant DC current.

5. Can the frequency of an AC current be changed?

Yes, the frequency of an AC current can be changed using a device called a frequency converter. A frequency converter works by converting the AC current to DC and then back to AC at a different frequency. This is often used in industrial settings to match the frequency of different power sources.