Thermodynamics,subcooled liquid

• Thread starter engnr_arsalan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Liquid
In summary, the conversation discusses finding the final pressure of a rigid tank filled with subcooled liquid, specifically water, as its temperature is increased. The initial conditions, final temperature, and amount of heat added are important factors to consider in order to determine the final pressure. However, there is limited information available on subcooled liquid in thermodynamic books, with property tables only covering high pressures from 5Mpa to 30 Mpa."
engnr_arsalan
hi all,
i need to know what relation should i used for subcooled liquid, for example,a rigid tank is filled with water,as its temp is increased its pressure is increased.if i know the initial conditions and final temperature.how should i find out final pressure. i have seen in thermodynamic books but there is very less info about subcooled liquid.also property table is limited for high pressures only from 5Mpa to 30 Mpa.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Try considering that the heat added is equal to the increment on internal energy of the water. Which are the initial conditions, the final temperature and the amount of heat per unit mass or unit quantity of matter?

1. What is subcooled liquid in thermodynamics?

Subcooled liquid is a state of matter in thermodynamics where a substance is in liquid form but its temperature is below its boiling point. This means that the liquid has not yet reached its vaporization point and is still in a stable liquid state.

2. How is subcooled liquid different from saturated liquid?

The main difference between subcooled liquid and saturated liquid is the temperature. Subcooled liquid has a lower temperature than its boiling point, while saturated liquid is at its boiling point. Additionally, subcooled liquid is considered to be a more stable state compared to saturated liquid, which is at the brink of vaporization.

3. What are the applications of subcooled liquid?

Subcooled liquid has various applications in industries such as refrigeration, air conditioning, and power generation. It is also used in cooling systems and as a heat transfer fluid in industrial processes.

4. How is subcooling achieved in a substance?

Subcooling is achieved by cooling a substance below its boiling point in a controlled manner. This can be done by using refrigerants or by increasing the pressure on the liquid, which lowers its boiling point and allows it to remain in a subcooled state.

5. What happens if a subcooled liquid is heated above its boiling point?

If a subcooled liquid is heated above its boiling point, it will change state and become a vapor. This process is known as boiling or vaporization. The amount of energy required to heat the liquid above its boiling point is known as the heat of vaporization.