Circuit design and manufacturing

In summary: The frequency range you mentioned is mostly audio except for the 1Hz part -- you might be able to use an off-the-shelf audio amp if you bypass the input AC coupled stage...I tried using a PC tone generator and a home audio amp but the signal clipped badly and ruined the amp.I think the electromagnets I am powering need a square wave, and audio amps can't handle that.I have a micro tone generator that goes upto 8 volts it says Ill try that tonight.OK I checked it with a DMM it was only 4 volts with no load.
justinreeves
Hello I am trying to find a all in one place that can engineer a circuit, create a prototype, and possibly do small quantity production.
Does anyone know of a place, I've been searching the net for hours and most the ones I see are for just PCB design, or PCB design and manu.
any help would be appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I've used an excellent consultant here in Silicon Valley. He is definitely not cheap, but he's one of the best. PM me if you want his contact info.

PM?
Unfamiliar with lingo.

Actually also all I am looking at is a sine/square wave generator from 1hz-1000Hz that has a amplitude output of say 2amp max.
The circuit will not power a transducer or function as a preamp though, I need to find out what the resistance load will be.
similar to this.
http://www.canakit.net/Default.asp?Contents=/Include/Template/MenuCat.asp&Main=http://www.canakit.net/Contents/Items/UK305.asp [Broken]
this would be even better.
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102145/article.html

Last edited by a moderator:
justinreeves said:
PM?
Unfamiliar with lingo.
Private Message. I think you can just click on my "berkeman" handle and one of the choices will be send a PM.

justinreeves said:
Actually also all I am looking at is a sine/square wave generator from 1hz-1000Hz that has a amplitude output of say 2amp max.
The circuit will not power a transducer or function as a preamp though, I need to find out what the resistance load will be.
similar to this.
http://www.canakit.net/Default.asp?Contents=/Include/Template/MenuCat.asp&Main=http://www.canakit.net/Contents/Items/UK305.asp [Broken]
this would be even better.
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102145/article.html
2 Amps is a lot of current for a simple signal generator. Most generators will have an output impedance of 50 Ohms (or higher), and a +/-5V-ish output voltage. Is the higher current requirement the reason that you need to design and build something different from the examples you posted links to? If so, maybe all you have to do is build (or buy) an amplifier that can take the signal generator input and buffer it to the output. The frequency range you mentioned is mostly audio except for the 1Hz part -- you might be able to use an off-the-shelf audio amp if you bypass the input AC coupled stage...

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried using a PC tone generator and a home audio amp but the signal clipped badly and ruined the amp. I think the electromagnets I am powering need a square wave, and audio amps can't handle that.

I have a micro tone generator that goes upto 8 volts it says Ill try that tonight.

OK I checked it with a DMM it was only 4 volts with no load.
I tried it on the electromagnets (5.5Ohms) didnt even cause the magnets to oscillate the armature bar.

1. What is circuit design and manufacturing?

Circuit design and manufacturing is the process of creating electronic circuits, which are used in various devices to control the flow of electricity. This involves designing the circuit layout, selecting the appropriate components, and creating a physical prototype.

2. What are the steps involved in circuit design and manufacturing?

The steps involved in circuit design and manufacturing include concept development, schematic design, PCB layout, component selection, prototyping, testing, and final production. Each step is important in ensuring the functionality and quality of the circuit.

3. What skills are required for circuit design and manufacturing?

To design and manufacture circuits, one needs to have a strong understanding of electronics, mathematics, and physics. Knowledge of circuit design software, PCB layout software, and CAD tools is also necessary. Attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with complex systems are also important.

4. What are some common challenges in circuit design and manufacturing?

Some common challenges in circuit design and manufacturing include managing thermal dissipation, minimizing electromagnetic interference, selecting the right components for the desired functionality, and ensuring the circuit meets safety and regulatory standards. Additionally, troubleshooting and debugging issues during the prototyping and testing stages can also be challenging.

5. How does circuit design and manufacturing impact technology and society?

Circuit design and manufacturing have a significant impact on technology and society. The development of smaller, faster, and more efficient circuits has led to advancements in various industries, such as healthcare, transportation, and communication. It has also made technology more accessible and affordable for the general public, improving the quality of life for many people. However, it is important to consider ethical and environmental implications of circuit design and manufacturing, such as e-waste and data privacy concerns.