My Latex Mistake in Vector Calc Forums

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Pythagorean
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a user's mistake of using LaTeX with Mozilla which resulted in the graphics not appearing. They edited their post multiple times thinking there was an error in their coding, but it turned out to be a problem with their browser. Other users chimed in with suggestions and tips, but ultimately it was resolved by switching to a different browser. There were also discussions about potential issues with hosting and linking images, and concerns about the forum's performance.
Pythagorean
Gold Member
I broke the forums!

I made the mistake of using latex with mozilla.

the graphics didn't appear, just a dialect of the code, so I edited a couple times, thinking my coding was wrong in the Vector Calc thread. My bad, sorry for the inconvenience.

Physics news on Phys.org
LaTeX works fine with Mozilla, and you didn't break anything.

- Warren

I used to have the same problem and it turned out that my image was blocked. I don't know how those guys who helped me re-opened the stuff. Amazing.

Kiley Dean said:
I used to have the same problem and it turned out that my image was blocked. I don't know how those guys who helped me re-opened the stuff. Amazing.
Possibly because the site you use to host images doesn't allow remote linking? I'm not sure of your host but it's best to use either LaTeX or a site like www.imageshack.us to link to your images.

Well, thanks z-component for the nice link but you are totally on a wrong track. I think my previous post was about what my latex showed me some months ago. Things just didn't work out right for me till they fixed my browser. I was-am using firefox, a really awesome product of mozilla. You should try it, really cool.

Yeah, no worries, that post was made half in jest, but I couldn't access the calculus forum after having edited my post five times in a row, trying to figure the code out.

Once I switched to Internet Explorer, I still couldn't acces that one forum, but I assumed it was busy trying to generate the latex graphics, and I probably just bogged it down a bit.

Figured I'd hollar out just in case.

You may need to think if the script is on or off
Usually if you are connected to broadband, things are never that slow, but I guess it is just via a phoneline or such.

1. What is a "Latex Mistake" in the context of vector calculus forums?

A Latex mistake in vector calculus forums refers to an error made while using Latex, a typesetting language commonly used for writing mathematical equations. In this context, it specifically refers to an error made while writing or formatting vector calculus equations using Latex.

2. How common are Latex mistakes in vector calculus forums?

Latex mistakes in vector calculus forums are fairly common, especially for those who are new to using Latex. Even experienced users may make mistakes from time to time. However, with practice and attention to detail, the frequency of these mistakes can be reduced.

3. What are some common causes of Latex mistakes in vector calculus forums?

Some common causes of Latex mistakes in vector calculus forums include misplacing symbols or brackets, using incorrect syntax, and forgetting to include necessary commands or packages. It is also possible to make mistakes due to simple typos or lack of familiarity with the language.

4. How can Latex mistakes in vector calculus forums be avoided?

To avoid Latex mistakes in vector calculus forums, it is important to have a good understanding of the language and its syntax. It is also helpful to proofread equations carefully and use a Latex editor that provides error messages to catch any mistakes. Additionally, seeking guidance from experienced users or consulting online resources can also be helpful.

5. What are the consequences of making a Latex mistake in vector calculus forums?

The consequences of making a Latex mistake in vector calculus forums can vary. In some cases, it may simply result in an incorrect equation or a post that is difficult to understand. However, in academic or professional settings, it could potentially lead to misunderstandings or errors in calculations, which could have more serious consequences. It is important to be diligent in checking for Latex mistakes to avoid these potential consequences.