Creating a Distance-Aware Clock Software

In summary, you are planning to create a digital clock which can change its time depending on the distance and direction of the person it is attached to.
shubhra shankha
I m going to create a new clock software which can change its time with respect to distance and direction.
Suppose if a person is in India and he starts his journey off towards london.suppose he starts at 7:00 am(ist). suppose it takes him 8 hrs to reach london. so after reaching london hic watch will show 3:00 pm. but the time at london will be 9:30 am, as because we know that the time difference between london and India is 5:30 hrs.

I just want to know that whether any software created which can solve this problem if yes then please send me the code and if not then wait i m very close to my Dream project.
thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
GPS solves that too

lalbatros said:
GPS solves that too

Please tell me the answer and the code

shubhra shankha said:
Please tell me the answer and the code

:rofl: That was short and to the point.

code for what? What are you programming in? What is it on? Is it going to be on a laptop? A piece of wearable computing?

The code for the above question(The digital clock). First it is going to be on a laptop then it has to be converted on a clock.

You are going to write it in machine language for a specific microprocessor?

no i am just creating the software with a sensor attatched with the system(pessonal computer). so no machine lang for a specific microprocessor.

How is the laptop supposed to know where it is at? What kind of sensor is it going to have? You need a little bit more than "the code."

Your question would be like me asking, "How do you drive?" and then expecting someone to tell me everything about how to drive. If you want to develop a system for this, then develop a system. If you're looking for a quick and easy solution to your problem then search the web for a program that does this. My cell phone automatically changes the time depending on where I am, but it requires a connection. You will probably want to get a GPS that comes with software that does exactly what you're looking for. Or perhaps you can get the software separately.

This is a non-existent problem. All you need to do is apply the time zone difference once the destination is reached.

sir, tell me something that i can make my project. give me some hint. U have said that GPS solves that too, so whatever GPS has solves , please show me. If there is any picture of that please send me. I will be very thankful to you.

GPS give you your position, from which you can find your time zone.

As far as getting people to do your programming for you -- good luck. :uhh:

shubhra shankha said:
sir, tell me something that i can make my project. give me some hint. U have said that GPS solves that too, so whatever GPS has solves , please show me. If there is any picture of that please send me. I will be very thankful to you.

GPS solved the problem by launching a constellation of dozens of satellites which broadcast signals to receivers located on the ground. The receiver knows what time zone it is in based on the latitude and longitude it calculates from signals from the satellites.

It isn't solved by a piece of code, nor could it be. If you carry a computer across a time-zone boundary, it must have some way of knowing you've moved it to be able to adjust its time. The computer by itself has no way of knowing about its movements without equipping it with something like a GPS receiver.

There are many GPS receivers which you can connect to a PC. It'd be pretty simple to change the time when moving from one time zone to another. In fact, I'd bet money that the software packages which come with such GPS receivers already do it.

Although english is probably not your first language, your attitude is very poor. No one is going to just give you any code to do anything.

- Warren

I m going to create a new clock software which can change its time with respect to distance and direction.

I think you are looking for a program in which you input your old an new locations and it looks into a database of locations and automatically changes the time of display to match the difference in time zones?

The clock built into any version of windows will do this. The question of how to recreate it is a question of whether we can access a library of locations and coordinates, and of timezones. Once you have the look up table it should be simple to code in any language, perhaps java if you are looking at a handheld device.

If you want it to change times without input of the user, this requires a device to connect to a Global Positioning Satellite.

This doesn't need a GPS connection... just a connection to the internet and a time server... like time.gov. Windows xp and vista I believe can read country codes/time zones depending on the tracert of the ip address and auto correct.

so... good luck.

But that can give the wrong time if you connect long distance

1. What is a distance-aware clock software?

A distance-aware clock software is a type of clock application that takes into account the user's location and calculates the correct time based on the distance from different time zones. It automatically adjusts the displayed time based on the user's current location, making it ideal for frequent travelers or individuals who work with people in different time zones.

2. How does a distance-aware clock software work?

A distance-aware clock software uses the user's current location, as determined by GPS or manual input, to calculate the distance from different time zones. It then uses this information to adjust the displayed time based on the time zone's offset from the user's location. Some clock software may also take into account daylight saving time and other factors to accurately display the time.

3. What are the benefits of using a distance-aware clock software?

Using a distance-aware clock software can save users time and effort in manually adjusting their clocks when traveling to different time zones. It also ensures accuracy in displaying the correct time, which can be useful for individuals who work remotely or have clients in different time zones. Additionally, it can help with scheduling and planning tasks efficiently based on the local time of the user's location.

4. Can a distance-aware clock software be customized?

Yes, most distance-aware clock software allows for customization such as choosing which time zones to display, adjusting the time format, and selecting the frequency of automatic updates. Some software may also offer additional features such as setting reminders for specific time zones or displaying multiple clocks for different locations.

5. Is a distance-aware clock software reliable?

The reliability of a distance-aware clock software depends on the accuracy of the user's location and the software's ability to calculate the correct time zone and offset. Most software uses accurate data sources and algorithms to ensure reliability. However, it is always recommended to double-check the displayed time with other sources for important events or appointments.