Exploring the deBroglie Function: Understanding Its Mathematical Signature

In summary: There are 16 independent derivatives in time and space of these values,because derivatives compare independent adjacent points which have independent values for V, A_x, A_y, A_zThese 16 independent derivatives are reduced to the 6 values of the EM field:E_x= -\frac{\partial A_x}{\partial t}-\frac{\partial V}{\partial x} \qquadE_y= -\frac{\partial A_y}{\partial t}-\frac{\partial V}{\partial y} \qquadE_z= -\frac{\partial A_z}{\partial t}-\
meopemuk, have you been able to derive this relativistic Shrodinger's equation out of relativistic Lagrangian [itex]L=-mc^2\sqrt{1-|v|^2/c^2}[/itex] with Feynman's path integral (or so called slice of path integral)? I've noticed it is notably more difficult than in non-relativistic case. At least I haven't been able to do it.

I was quite suprised when I noticed last night, that the Klein-Gordon equation actually does conserve probability, if only positive frequency solutions are considered. Are you aware of this? :cool:

btw this discussion has got quite far from the original post, but I guess it doesn't disturb anyone... :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
jostpuur said:
meopemuk, have you been able to derive this relativistic Shrodinger's equation out of relativistic Lagrangian [itex]L=-mc^2\sqrt{1-|v|^2/c^2}[/itex] with Feynman's path integral (or so called slice of path integral)? I've noticed it is notably more difficult than in non-relativistic case. At least I haven't been able to do it.

No I haven't tried to do that. Personally I find least action, Lagrangian, and path integral methods more confusing than illuminating. Perhaps, it's just me.

jostpuur said:
I was quite suprised when I noticed last night, that the Klein-Gordon equation actually does conserve probability, if only positive frequency solutions are considered. Are you aware of this? :cool:

Even if this is so, it wouldn't convince me that the Klein-Gordon equation can be treated as an analog of the Schroedinger equation for relativistic particles. I've just written a long post about this in https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1379494&postcount=171

jostpuur said:
btw this discussion has got quite far from the original post, but I guess it doesn't disturb anyone... :tongue2:

It doesn't disturb be. We can open a new thread if somebody is disturbed.

Eugene.