PF Photography: Tips, Tricks, & Photo Sharing

In summary, this thread is for photography. Hosting your photos can be done using http://imageshack.us/", and a maximum image size of 640x480 is recommended. Photos that are too dull can be improved by adjusting the color balance. There is a free Image Manipulation programme called GIMP that can be used to touch up photos. For those interested, there is a link to a tutorial on how to use GIMP in the thread's last post.
matthyaouw said:
I have played around with panorama software before and found it a bit awkward. I don't always carry a tripod (or have the time to set one up if I'm out hiking). Changing light and things blowing in the wind can make it hard to match the images up properly. For the kind of things I like to photograph, I'm pretty sure an ultra-wide would be a good investment for me.

If you compose a panorama, make sure to shoot manual on fixed Shutter speed, aperture and ISO and also in raw to prevent possible differences in processing.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's the other two shots I mentioned. Still at Skamakowa Park in Washington State on the Columbia.

P7273079.jpg

P7272993.jpg

It has been a while since I posted here. I have been contacted by a graphics company that wants to use one of my waterfall photos for a tourism card that will be placed at all the rest stops in the state. Not much but it is a start. The funny thing is that it is a shot of one of the lesser known falls. Just goes to show you that a photo you think is insignificant maybe more appreciated by someone else.

larkspur said:
It has been a while since I posted here. I have been contacted by a graphics company that wants to use one of my waterfall photos for a tourism card that will be placed at all the rest stops in the state. Not much but it is a start. The funny thing is that it is a shot of one of the lesser known falls. Just goes to show you that a photo you think is insignificant maybe more appreciated by someone else.
Congratulations! My satisfactions come from lower-level appreciation. Several times today, I had to flap my arms and hoot to get the ducks to get out of the road so other vehicles could pass. Each time, the people driving the vehicles (trucks, SUVs, snowmobiles) gave me a thumbs-up, and most stopped to have a word or two. I'm down with the ducks. Some of them wandered over near my Forester while I backed off to try to get some shots from better vantage-points, but they were not quite brave enough to jump in and raid the bread-bags. Cute!

larkspur said:

That's great, larkspur! Congrats!

lisab said:
That's great, larkspur! Congrats!

Thanks Lisab.

turbo-1 said:
Congratulations! My satisfactions come from lower-level appreciation. Several times today, I had to flap my arms and hoot to get the ducks to get out of the road so other vehicles could pass. Each time, the people driving the vehicles (trucks, SUVs, snowmobiles) gave me a thumbs-up, and most stopped to have a word or two. I'm down with the ducks. Some of them wandered over near my Forester while I backed off to try to get some shots from better vantage-points, but they were not quite brave enough to jump in and raid the bread-bags. Cute!

Thanks turbo.

Did you get that arm flapping on video:biggrin:?

larkspur said:
Thanks turbo.

Did you get that arm flapping on video:biggrin:?
No. I was shooting the ducks, but nobody was shooting me. I'd run at the ducks with my arms flapping and they would fly toward the stream, and when the offending vehicle passed, I'd coax them back to the road - not a hard task!

larkspur said:
I have been contacted by a graphics company that wants to use one of my waterfall photos for a tourism card that will be placed at all the rest stops in the state.

Great :smile:

Please keep us posted, I would love to buy National Geographic with your pictures :wink:

Sunday, my little brother brought his baby girl to the mill-stream to see the ducks. She had a blast. At 13+ months, she doesn't talk much yet, but whenever she sees a picture of a duck in her story-books, she says "Quack, quack". Try as we might, we couldn't get her to say "quack" to the ducks. Instead, she insisted on using her dog sound-effect - "woof, woof". What a nut!
woof.jpg

turbo-1 said:
Sunday, my little brother brought his baby girl to the mill-stream to see the ducks. She had a blast. At 13+ months, she doesn't talk much yet, but whenever she sees a picture of a duck in her story-books, she says "Quack, quack". Try as we might, we couldn't get her to say "quack" to the ducks. Instead, she insisted on using her dog sound-effect - "woof, woof". What a nut!

That's part of her cuteness, isn't it? :!)

Borek said:
That's part of her cuteness, isn't it? :!)
A big part. It's hard to tell if she was playing games with us and being contrary, or making a pretty good joke (for a 1-year-old).

Congratulations Larkspur! One picture is a good start. Feels good to have something out there in the public view, doesn't it!

Anyone want to give me a crash course on these ND filters? I fell in love when you guys were talking about them last month... I finally took the time to start looking for replacement lenses for my broken and stolen lenses. Found one for sale last week on Craigslist, and guess what else he was selling with it? :biggrin: So I finally have a lens to go with my camera, AND an ND filter. Both my daughter and I are itching to go try it out.

Suggestions? (Manual settings isn't my strong point after all these years, so I can't remember what the best settings are any more - appreciate the tips)

I will post here what we do shoot. :wink: (well, if it is worth sharing...)

Borek said:
Great :smile:

Please keep us posted, I would love to buy National Geographic with your pictures :wink:
Thanks Borek.
Ms Music said:
Congratulations Larkspur! One picture is a good start. Feels good to have something out there in the public view, doesn't it!

Anyone want to give me a crash course on these ND filters? I fell in love when you guys were talking about them last month... I finally took the time to start looking for replacement lenses for my broken and stolen lenses. Found one for sale last week on Craigslist, and guess what else he was selling with it? :biggrin: So I finally have a lens to go with my camera, AND an ND filter. Both my daughter and I are itching to go try it out.

Suggestions? (Manual settings isn't my strong point after all these years, so I can't remember what the best settings are any more - appreciate the tips)

I will post here what we do shoot. :wink: (well, if it is worth sharing...)

Thanks Ms M.

What kind of ND filter do you have? Is it a graduated ND filter?
The manual settings depend on what effect you want. If you are taking a photo of a butterfly on a flower and wish the background to be out of focus, then use aperture priority so you can lock in what f stop you want(probably f/5.6 or f/8.)

When I photograph moving birds I use shutter priority mode and set it for a fast shutter speed to avoid motion blur. Most of the time I try to get s shutter of 1/2000 sec and that usually keeps my 400mm lens wide open at f/5.6.

When I shoot waterfalls, I use manual mode and usually use the smallest aperture I have on the lens. Many times f/32. I also attach as many filters I can to help keep the shutter open as long as possible without over exposure. This would be a great time to use a ND filter. A tripod and a timed shutter release or a remote release cord is a must.
I generally use the same method for landscapes.

turbo-1 said:

She is adorable turbo!

larkspur said:
She is adorable turbo!
Thanks, larkspur! She always seems to have a smile on her face, or some other hammy expression.

Here she is, watching ducks from my younger brother's shoulders.

shoulder_ride.jpg

larkspur said:
What kind of ND filter do you have? Is it a graduated ND filter?

I had to call home, I didn't even know the brand... :blushing: Heliopan ND 0.6. I don't know about graduated, I really don't know anything about them! Water is more what I was thinking of shooting. It is supposed to be cloudy this weekend, so I thought we could go down to the shore, and maybe go for a walk in the woods by where I grew up and see if I could find the waterfall I shot as a kid. I didn't have an ND back then, but we slowed it wayyy down and it worked almost as well.

So what kind of effect does it have on a butterfly and flower? I thought it was for motion? (water/clouds...)

Shows how ignorant I am. o:)

Ms Music said:
I had to call home, I didn't even know the brand... :blushing: Heliopan ND 0.6. I don't know about graduated, I really don't know anything about them! Water is more what I was thinking of shooting. It is supposed to be cloudy this weekend, so I thought we could go down to the shore, and maybe go for a walk in the woods by where I grew up and see if I could find the waterfall I shot as a kid. I didn't have an ND back then, but we slowed it wayyy down and it worked almost as well.

So what kind of effect does it have on a butterfly and flower? I thought it was for motion? (water/clouds...)

Shows how ignorant I am. o:)
There are a lot of things you can do without filters. If you have a multi-mode digital camera, you can mount it on a tripod, set it in Aperture Priority (or equivalent) mode and stop the camera WAY down. This will make the scenery as crisp as can be and blur the waterfalls. If there is a gusty, wind blowing the trees around, they will be blurred along with the water. This is not a really bad thing, if you like the looks of photographs created with pin-hole cameras.

Cool info guys! Thanks!

By the way, I googled graduated. Now I got to get me one of THOSE before my summer vacation.

No, this one isn't graduated. But now I want one!

spring_is_coming.jpg

Something is changing, I can feel it in the air :smile:

Awww how cool is that? Pussywillows!

hypatia said:
Awww how cool is that? Pussywillows!
I don't know what kinds of shrubs have pussywillow eruptions in the spring, but I have decided to find some and mark them with bits of flagging tape so that next winter I can cut some sprigs in the winter and bring them inside to bloom in vases with water in them, much like we did when our neighbor brought forsythia cuttings to us last month. Gotta plan ahead!

Each year in the spring we are just cutting some small branches of whatever we can find, to put them into water.

Birch is great, it has a cute, tiny leaves. But most trees/shrubs have nice leaves when they start to grow.

The Netherlands this morning shortly after Sunrise:

20j1lec.jpg

and the sunset today behind the city of The Hague

9u9qxc.jpg

vp85k7.jpg

n3orw5.jpg

I love the 2nd one! Where the sun has partly sunk below the horizon.

Ah, joys of living over the ground level :smile:

Great sunset, Andre. Nice sequence.

I'm FRUSTRATED! I bought some hyacinths over the weekend, and thought it would be fun to capture the lovely colors. One is a blue hyacinth, and it is actually a very DEEP dark purple, almost a black. But when I take a picture, it turns out BLUE.

I have tried changing the lighting settings, the white balance, the red and green levels, and nothing gives me the true color. Its either WAY too much red (and the off white walls in the background turn yellow), or WAY too much blue. Any suggestions? (and yes, most of my lights are flourescent, I know that causes the yellow, but I can't understand why all the lighting temperatures are to the extremes?) Should I take off the UV filter? (just thought of that one)

I haven't downloaded any of the pics that I took, but here are some examples from the net (if they work)

The color that the flowers ARE:
http://z.about.com/d/landscaping/1/0/z/O/pansy_black_large.jpg [Broken]

And approximately the tone the picture turns out as:
blue-mountain-flowers_14008.jpg

(hope I am not violating any copyrights with those links... They are just for examples, they are NOT my photos)

Last edited by a moderator:
We might be able to help some more if you show us some examples of your pictures.

Just a thought- when your camera meters, it assumes everything is a neutral mid-grey shade. If you meter on something dark, it will overexpose. If you meter on something light, it will underexpose. Maybe it's overexposing the dark petals. How does the rest of your photo look? Light, dark or ok? Ignore this if I'm telling you stuff you already know :smile:
Also, what camera are you using to take the pictures?

Try to put a piece of white paper between flowers, take a picture and show it here. Camera settings doesn't matter, put it in some fully automatic mode. No promises, but I can be able to check if correctly applied white balance does the trick.

Geez, I feel like a bozo now. I saw these posts this morning at home, so I took some more pictures with white paper in the background and foreground. Then left the camera at home. <sigh>

So I will post the pictures tomorrow. Sorry!

But to answer the camera question, I have an Olympus E500 and am using the f3.5 macro (zuiko) to take the pictures. My macro had been stolen a while back, and I finally decided the person was never going to replace it, so I just bought a new one last weekend. In the meantime, my camera shop went out of business, so I went to one of the chain camera stores. Needless to say, I should have paid more attention. I just noticed this morning that my UV filter is some unheard of brand. Almost ALL of my filters are Tiffen or Hoya. So maybe its a crappy filter? I have not taken the filter off yet to try the picture, maybe tonight I can play around again. I never had problems with colors before with my stolen macro, but I can't remember what filter I had on it. I had owned that filter for nearly 30 years...

And Borek, to sortof answer your question, the dark purple flowers definitely turned out darker with the white paper next to them (I knew they were overexposed), but still blue. But you will have to wait till tomorrow!

From looking at your EXIF data on the second image, it says the camera is in "Creative Mode" and the saturation is set to "High". Have you tried the shot using "Manual Mode" and with normal saturation instead of high?

Edit...Also, can you shoot RAW and see if you get the same results prior to processing?

Last edited:
That went completely over my head... what is EXIF? And how were you able to get the information from my photo? I know how to do it on my camera and computer, but I don't know how to do it on an image from the internet... Did you have to download it?

When you say "2nd image" do you mean the flowers? Or the glass? The 2nd flower picture was taken on auto per Borek's request, and I don't remember what I did for the 2nd picture of the glass. It may have been on the macro setting, but I am not sure as I was just goofing off because I was tickled to have my macro lens again. But I do often use manual mode, although I don't have that "down pat" yet. Still learning!

And if it is truly set to high saturation, that could be my problem. I loaned my camera out (long LONG story) to someone that really screwed it up (on top of "losing" my macro lens), and I have been trying hard to get it back to normal, so that very well could be part of my problem. I haven't heard of an option on the Olympus to reset it back to factory settings, but the book said what factory settings are. I'm not sure it caught everything this person changed...

I will try RAW soon, but I think I need to find a factory reset first...

Ms Music said:
That went completely over my head... what is EXIF? And how were you able to get the information from my photo? I know how to do it on my camera and computer, but I don't know how to do it on an image from the internet... Did you have to download it?

When you say "2nd image" do you mean the flowers? Or the glass? The 2nd flower picture was taken on auto per Borek's request, and I don't remember what I did for the 2nd picture of the glass. It may have been on the macro setting, but I am not sure as I was just goofing off because I was tickled to have my macro lens again. But I do often use manual mode, although I don't have that "down pat" yet. Still learning!

And if it is truly set to high saturation, that could be my problem. I loaned my camera out (long LONG story) to someone that really screwed it up (on top of "losing" my macro lens), and I have been trying hard to get it back to normal, so that very well could be part of my problem. I haven't heard of an option on the Olympus to reset it back to factory settings, but the book said what factory settings are. I'm not sure it caught everything this person changed...

I will try RAW soon, but I think I need to find a factory reset first...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format" [Broken]

I collected the camera data using a free program called Opanda IExif. If you can shoot RAW, then none of the camera presets will be applied to the image and if the color turns out in the RAW image the way it ought to look, then my guess is the the factory reset would work.
361310742.jpg

Here is the Exif data from this photo:
[Image]
Image Description = OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Make = OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Model = E-500
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 314
Y Resolution = 314
Resolution Unit = inch
Software = Version 1.2
Date Time = 2009-04-09 14:18:09
YCbCr Positioning = co-sited
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 290
PrintIM Data = 528 Byte

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/80"
F Number = F3.5
Exposure Program = Creative program
ISO Speed Ratings = 100
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2009-04-09 14:18:09
Date Time Digitized = 2009-04-09 14:18:09
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Max Aperture Value = F3.5
Metering Mode = Pattern
Light Source = unknown
Flash = Flash fired, auto mode
Focal Length = 35mm
Maker Note = 2198 Byte
User Comment =
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 3264
Exif Image Height = 2448
Interoperability IFD Pointer = Offset: 758
File Source = DSC
Custom Rendered = Normal process
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
White Balance = Manual white balance
Digital Zoom Ratio = 1x
Scene Capture Type = Normal
Gain Control = None
Contrast = Normal
Saturation = High saturation
Sharpness = Normal

[Interoperability]
Interoperability Index = ExifR98
Interoperability Version = Version 1.0

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
JPEG Interchange Format = Offset: 12820
JPEG Interchange Format Length = Length: 10456

[Thumbnail]
Thumbnail = 160 x 120

[MakerNote (Olympus)]
JPEG Quality = High Quality
Macro = Normal
0203 = 0
100F = 0
1017 = 268, 64
1018 = 148, 64
1029 = 1
102A = 0
102C = 0, 0
102D = 0
102E = 3264
102F = 2448
2010 = 17, 00, 00, 00, 07, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, 30, 31, 30, 30, 00, 01, 02, 00, 06, 00, 00, 00, 82, 1A, 00, 00, 01, 01, 02, 00, 20, 00, 00, 00, 88, 1A, 00, 00, 02, 01, 02, 00, 20, 00, 00, 00, A8, 1A, 00, 00, 03, 01, 05, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, C8, 1A, 00, 00, 04, 01, 04, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 02, 12, 00, 00, 01, 02, 01, 00, 06, 00, 00, 00, DA, 1A, 00, 00, 02, 02, 02, 00, 20, 00, 00, 00, E0, 1A, 00, 00, 04, 02, 04, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 08, 11, 00, 00, 05, 02, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 9D, 03, 00, 00, 06, 02, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 9D, 03, 00, 00, 07, 02, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 23, 00, 00, 00, 08, 02, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 23, 00, 00, 00, 0A, 02, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 9D, 03, 00, 00, 0B, 02, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 03, 40, 00, 00, 01, 03, 01, 00, 06, 00, 00, 00, 38, 1B, 00, 00, 02, 03, 02, 00, 20, 00, 00, 00, 3E, 1B, 00, 00, 03, 03, 02, 00, 20, 00, 00, 00, 5E, 1B, 00, 00, 04, 03, 04, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 10, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 01, 10, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 02, 10, 04, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 03, 10, 02, 00, 20, 00, 00, 00, 8C, 1B
2020 = 29, 00, 00, 00, 07, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, 30, 31, 30, 30, 00, 01, 04, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 01, 01, 04, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 02, 01, 04, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 02, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 01, 02, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 02, 02, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 05, 01, 00, 00, 00, 03, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 01, 03, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 02, 03, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 03, 03, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 04, 03, 04, 00, 40, 00, 00, 00, CC, 1B, 00, 00, 00, 04, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 01, 04, 0A, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, D0, 1C, 00, 00, 02, 04, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00, 01, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 02, 05, 08, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 05, 00, 00, 00, 03, 05, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, E2, 1C, 00, 00, 04, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 05, 05, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, EA, 1C, 00, 00, 06, 05, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, F0, 1C, 00, 00, 07, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 08, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 09, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 06, 00, 00, 00, 0A, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 0B, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 0C, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 0D, 05, 05, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 1D, 00, 00, 0E, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 0F, 05, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, 0A, 1D, 00, 00, 20, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 21, 05, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, 14, 1D, 00, 00, 22, 05, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 23, 05, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, 1C, 1D, 00, 00, 24, 05, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, 22, 1D, 00, 00, 25, 05, 08, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 26, 05, 08, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 06, 03, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, 2C, 1D, 00, 00, 03, 06, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 00, 08, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00
2030 = 0E, 00, 00, 00, 07, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, 30, 31, 30, 30, 00, 01, 0A, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 40, 1D, 00, 00, 01, 01, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 02, 01, 08, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 03, 01, 03, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, 4C, 1D, 00, 00, 04, 01, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, 52, 1D, 00, 00, 05, 01, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 06, 01, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, 5A, 1D, 00, 00, 07, 01, 08, 00, 03, 00, 00, 00, 60, 1D, 00, 00, 08, 01, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 09, 01, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 0A, 01, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 0B, 01, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 0C, 01, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00
2040 = 1A, 00, 00, 00, 07, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, 30, 31, 31, 31, 00, 01, 03, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 0C, 01, 94, 00, 1F, 01, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 02, 03, 00, 09, 00, 00, 00, D8, 1D, 00, 00, 00, 03, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 80, 04, 00, 00, 10, 03, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 80, 04, 00, 00, 31, 03, 03, 00, 08, 00, 00, 00, B4, 23, 00, 00, 00, 06, 03, 00, 04, 00, 00, 00, 60, 24, 00, 00, 10, 06, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00, 11, 06, 03, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 12, 06, 03, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 1B, 00, 00, 00, 13, 06, 03, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 1F, 00, 00, 00, 14, 06, 04, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, C0, 0C, 00, 00, 15, 06, 04, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 90, 09, 00, 00, 17, 06, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 08, 0B, 00, 09, 00, 00, 00, AC, 24, 00, 00, 01, 08, 03, 00, 10, 00, 00, 00, D0, 24, 00, 00, 02, 08, 05, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, F0, 24, 00, 00, 00, 10, 03, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 96, 39, 01, 10, 03, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 02, 10, 03, 00, 02, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, EF, BE, 03, 10, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 09, 00, 00, 00, 04, 10, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 10, 10, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 11, 10, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 12, 10, 03, 00, 01, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00

Attachments

• 361310742.jpg
    361310742.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
Ms Music,

It looks like you are having trouble correcting white balance. If you're using flash, you need to set the camera to "flash" white balance, and use a strong enough flash to drown out any other light sources that have a different white balance. (Flashes are balanced to be very close to daylight, at noon.)

If you're using ambient light, you either need to guess (using the "tungsten" or "fluorescent" or "shade" settings), or you need to use a white reference and use your camera's manual white-balance function.

The UV filter will have very little effect except outside in strong sunlight, when UV reflection can add a bit of haze. Indoor lights just don't produce any significant UV, and you won't notice the effects of UV reflection over short distances like those in your home.

- Warren

<h2>1. What is PF Photography?</h2><p>PF Photography stands for "personal finance photography" and is a genre of photography that focuses on capturing images related to personal finance, such as budgeting, saving, and investing. It is a creative way to visualize and communicate financial concepts.</p><h2>2. What are some tips for taking good PF photos?</h2><p>Some tips for taking good PF photos include using natural lighting, incorporating relevant props or objects, and experimenting with different angles and compositions. It is also important to have a clear concept or message in mind before taking the photo.</p><h2>3. How can I improve my PF photography skills?</h2><p>Improving PF photography skills takes practice and experimentation. One can also learn from other photographers and resources, such as online tutorials or workshops. It is also helpful to constantly seek inspiration and think outside the box when it comes to capturing financial concepts through photography.</p><h2>4. What are some common mistakes to avoid in PF photography?</h2><p>Some common mistakes to avoid in PF photography include using harsh or artificial lighting, cluttered backgrounds, and not having a clear subject or message in the photo. It is also important to avoid cliché or overused images and strive for originality.</p><h2>5. How can I share my PF photos with others?</h2><p>There are various ways to share PF photos with others, such as through social media platforms, personal websites or blogs, or by participating in photography contests or exhibitions. It is also helpful to engage with other photographers and the personal finance community to gain exposure and feedback on your work.</p>

1. What is PF Photography?

PF Photography stands for "personal finance photography" and is a genre of photography that focuses on capturing images related to personal finance, such as budgeting, saving, and investing. It is a creative way to visualize and communicate financial concepts.

2. What are some tips for taking good PF photos?

Some tips for taking good PF photos include using natural lighting, incorporating relevant props or objects, and experimenting with different angles and compositions. It is also important to have a clear concept or message in mind before taking the photo.

3. How can I improve my PF photography skills?

Improving PF photography skills takes practice and experimentation. One can also learn from other photographers and resources, such as online tutorials or workshops. It is also helpful to constantly seek inspiration and think outside the box when it comes to capturing financial concepts through photography.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid in PF photography?

Some common mistakes to avoid in PF photography include using harsh or artificial lighting, cluttered backgrounds, and not having a clear subject or message in the photo. It is also important to avoid cliché or overused images and strive for originality.

5. How can I share my PF photos with others?

There are various ways to share PF photos with others, such as through social media platforms, personal websites or blogs, or by participating in photography contests or exhibitions. It is also helpful to engage with other photographers and the personal finance community to gain exposure and feedback on your work.