Why do the edit post buttons sometimes turn into vote now buttons?

• Thread starter D H
  • Start date
In summary, when editing a post, the "save" button may turn into a "vote now" button which, when clicked, submits the changes but also gives a database error message. This can also happen with the "go advanced" and "delete" buttons on subsequent edits. The issue appears to be related to posts with erroneous LaTeX, but this may just be a visual appearance.
D H
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
When I edit a post, the "save" button sometimes turns into "vote now". Clicking on this "vote now" button submits the changes but also gives a database error message. If I edit that same post a second time, the "go advanced" button also becomes "vote now" (I have two vote now buttons). On a third edit, the "delete" button also becomes "vote now". The problem seems to be associated with posts with erroneous LaTeX, but that might just be appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
vote now!

D H said:
When I edit a post, the "save" button sometimes turns into "vote now". Clicking on this "vote now" button submits the changes but also gives a database error message. If I edit that same post a second time, the "go advanced" button also becomes "vote now" (I have two vote now buttons). On a third edit, the "delete" button also becomes "vote now". The problem seems to be associated with posts with erroneous LaTeX, but that might just be appearance.

Hi D H! :smile:

I've only just noticed that …

I usually open the edit page in a new tab, but just now I opened one in the same tab, and got a "vote now" button just as you did.

I tried it on another thread, and found the same. But when I pressed cancel, and then pressed edit again, everything returned to normal. :biggrin:

EDIT: hmm … only got boring old save this time. :redface:

EDIT: and this time. :frown:

EDIT: oooh … I give up! :cry:

How bizarre! When I click the edit button on both of your posts, I get weird options; like vote now, two buttons that say cancel etc..

1. Why are the edit post buttons not working?

The edit post buttons may not be working due to a technical issue or a bug in the system. It is also possible that the buttons are disabled for certain posts or on certain devices.

2. How can I fix the funky edit post buttons?

First, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If that doesn't work, try using a different browser or device to see if the issue persists. If the problem still persists, it is best to contact the website's technical support for further assistance.

3. Can I customize the design of the edit post buttons?

In most cases, the design of the edit post buttons cannot be customized as they are a default feature of the website or platform. However, some websites may offer customization options for their buttons. Check the website's settings or contact the website's support team for more information.

4. Why can't I see the edit post buttons on my mobile device?

The edit post buttons may not be visible on certain mobile devices due to the screen size or resolution. Some websites may also have a different layout for mobile devices, which may affect the visibility of the buttons. Try using a different device or accessing the website on a desktop computer.

5. Is there a way to undo changes made with the edit post buttons?

Unfortunately, the edit post buttons do not have an undo feature. It is important to carefully review and double-check any changes made before saving them. However, some websites may have a revision history feature that allows users to revert to previous versions of a post.