VOTE Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round

In summary: I like how he used the apple as a metaphor for life.You care to post an image of an apple cut in half you eat ? It is round and round too :lol:I'll have to go with Borek and force someone to break a 4-way tie for first. His take on the contest was pretty original, and since I burn wood for heat, I take the carbon cycle pretty seriously. I like how he used the apple as a metaphor for life.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round

• Andre

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ms Music

• glondor

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • turbo-1

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • waht

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Janus

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Redbelly98

• Borek

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This contest should be interesting with many different interpretation of the theme. Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme this week, which is on something that goes around and around.

1. Andre
spider-circles-2.JPG

2. ZapperZ
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7073/img1653oh6.jpg

3. Ms Music
335883497.jpg

4. glondor
pics0071.jpg

5. turbo-1
DVD.jpg

6. waht
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5379/rszimg3638pg7.jpg

7. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~jparvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/spinning_wheel.jpg

8. Redbelly98
Sun-3746_640x480.jpg

9. Borek
in_circles.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=257735".

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks to me like you slightly changed contest subject - it was "Going 'Round In Circles"

Borek said:
Looks to me like you slightly changed contest subject - it was "Going 'Round In Circles"

I was tired since it was around 5:00 am when I posted it.

Zz.

Tough choices again! I think I'm going with Janus'. Something about the simplicity of the patterns and colors appeals to me. I like Andre's spider web a lot too, but it just felt a bit unfocused (I'm not really sure how one can focus on a spider web, so can hardly blame him for the difficulty there, but it's enough to make it a close second rather than first place for me).

Glondor, has my admiration. Garden hoses become mighty Sea Serpents in my hands, a battle which I often loose. Plus he gets bonus points for buying a hose that brings out the subtle undertones of his Berber carpet.

I voted for Borek's cut log with the visible tree rings, which convey the passage of time.

Andre's spider web was a close 2nd in my decision.

I voted for Glondor because I want to hear everyone who loses complain about getting hosed.

Wow! Not one vote for my DVD? Would it help if I told you the DVD is the remake of "3:10 to Yuma" staring Russel Crowe? No? OK...

I still haven't been able to decide yet - too many neat interpretations of the theme.

Thanks for the votes folks. This was part of a series I did at work one day several years ago.I photographed everything spirally, loopy and wound I could find. Here is a link to the rest if you are interested. The yellow airline was almost my choice for the contest. Nothing special, just bored at work.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v697/23224/coils/

Wow, definitely some good shots. I was torn between Janus and Borek, but Janus pulled ahead in the end for the literal depiction of 'going round'. Great shot though Borek.

robertm said:
Wow, definitely some good shots. I was torn between Janus and Borek, but Janus pulled ahead in the end for the literal depiction of 'going round'. Great shot though Borek.

I agree, incidentely the Dutch word for spider is "spin".

We should have a poll. Who throws more tidbits of trivial knowledge at the end of their posts. Andre or Ivan Seeking. I'm not complaining, I love them, the tidbits not the men.

Last day to vote in this contest!

Zz.

You care to post an image of an apple cut in half you eat ? It is round and round too :lol:

I'll have to go with Borek and force someone to break a 4-way tie for first. His take on the contest was pretty original, and since I burn wood for heat, I take the carbon cycle pretty seriously.

1. What is the theme of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round"?

The theme of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round" is capturing photos of circular objects or patterns.

2. Who can participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round" is open to anyone who is at least 18 years old and has a valid email address.

3. How many photos can I submit for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round"?

Each participant can submit up to three photos for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round".

4. How will the winner of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round" be chosen?

The winner of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round" will be chosen through a combination of public voting and a judging panel. The top three photos with the most votes will be reviewed by the judging panel, who will then choose the final winner.

5. What is the prize for the winner of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round"?

The winner of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Going 'Round And 'Round" will receive a cash prize of $500 and their winning photo will be featured on the PF website and social media pages.