Request Feature: Replace "Physics Forums" Title

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the speakers are discussing a feature request for the Physics Forums website. They suggest the ability to change the site title to "Really Important and Definitely Work-Related Stuff" and request a skin in a science paper format or a "spreadsheet-ish" look. They also mention looking into GreaseMonkey for this feature.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I wish to request a feature wherein I can substitute the title "Really Important and Definitely Work-Related Stuff" in place of the "Physics Forums" title at the top of every page.

Thanks. No hurry. Anytime today will be fine.

Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
I wish to request a feature wherein I can substitute the title "Really Important and Definitely Work-Related Stuff" in place of the "Physics Forums" title at the top of every page.

Thanks. No hurry. Anytime today will be fine.

:rofl: I second that!

:rofl: indeed, I'd like to request a skin in a Science paper format (that should work for the most of us).

I'd like one that looks "spreadsheet-ish".

Last edited:
:rofl: Great idea! :biggrin:

1. What is the purpose of requesting a feature to replace the title "Physics Forums"?

The purpose of this feature request is to update and modernize the title of the forum to better reflect its content and audience.

2. Will the replacement title be chosen by the users or by the forum administrators?

The replacement title will be chosen by the forum administrators, but user suggestions and feedback will be taken into consideration in the decision-making process.

3. How will the replacement title be selected?

The replacement title will be selected based on its relevance to the forum's content, its appeal to the target audience, and its uniqueness.

4. Will the replacement title affect the overall branding and identity of Physics Forums?

Yes, the replacement title will have an impact on the branding and identity of Physics Forums. However, the goal is to enhance and improve the forum's branding, not diminish it.

5. When can we expect to see the new title implemented?

The implementation of the new title will depend on the decision-making process and any necessary adjustments. An official announcement will be made once a decision has been reached.