DoD Report on the Fort Hood Shooting & Comparing to Christmas Day Attack

• News
  • Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the Department of Defense issued a report on the Fort Hood shooting, which occurred in November 2009 and claimed the lives of 13 people. The report criticized the military for failing to identify warning signs and take action against the shooter, Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan. It also noted similarities between this attack and the Christmas Day attack in 2009, where a Nigerian man attempted to detonate a bomb on a plane. The report highlighted the need for improved communication and information sharing within the military to prevent future attacks.
russ_watters said:
I saw the story too. What it said to me is that "a complete report" does not exist because this sobpoena is for specific bits and pieces of evidence, not a comprehensive report. That no comprehensive report was done is a travesty.

I want to know what, exactly happened and I want to know what, exactly is being done to keep it from happening again. That the government hasn't even done such an investigation is just an unacceptable level of indefference by our government to our security. And because of the stark difference in responses to the Ft. Hood incident and the Christmas bombing, I blame Obama personally. As I said before, he simply didn't take/treat the Ft. Hood incident seriously.
I agree.

In one of these stories, maybe one of your sources in the Feb posts, it was suggested that a complete report was indeed prepared for Obama within a month or two; if that's true then visibly the thing has never been released. An internal-only response would be better that none at all, but a) that's still far less effective than a public announcement to the FBI and military rank and file to change their way of doing business, and b) it still greatly irritates me that it is ok for the government to publicly condemn some mining company (perhaps deservedly) but not those that showed similar negligence leading to the Ft Hood shootings.

<h2>What is the DoD Report on the Fort Hood Shooting?</h2><p>The DoD Report on the Fort Hood Shooting is a comprehensive analysis of the events that took place on November 5, 2009, when a U.S. Army psychiatrist opened fire at Fort Hood, Texas, resulting in the death of 13 people and injury of 32 others.</p><h2>What is the Christmas Day Attack and how does it compare to the Fort Hood Shooting?</h2><p>The Christmas Day Attack, also known as the "Underwear Bomber" attack, occurred on December 25, 2009, when a Nigerian man attempted to detonate a bomb on a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit. The DoD Report compares the two incidents in terms of the response and prevention efforts by the U.S. government and military.</p><h2>What were the findings of the DoD Report on the Fort Hood Shooting?</h2><p>The DoD Report found that there were multiple failures in the communication and response to warning signs leading up to the Fort Hood Shooting. It also highlighted the need for better prevention and response protocols for similar incidents in the future.</p><h2>What changes were implemented as a result of the DoD Report?</h2><p>The DoD Report led to the implementation of several changes, including increased training and awareness for identifying warning signs of potential violence, improved communication and coordination between agencies, and the establishment of a threat reporting system.</p><h2>Has the DoD Report had any impact on preventing similar incidents in the future?</h2><p>While it is difficult to measure the direct impact of the DoD Report, it has led to significant changes in policies and procedures that aim to prevent and respond to incidents of violence in the military. However, it is important to continue evaluating and improving these measures to ensure the safety and well-being of all service members.</p>

What is the DoD Report on the Fort Hood Shooting?

The DoD Report on the Fort Hood Shooting is a comprehensive analysis of the events that took place on November 5, 2009, when a U.S. Army psychiatrist opened fire at Fort Hood, Texas, resulting in the death of 13 people and injury of 32 others.

What is the Christmas Day Attack and how does it compare to the Fort Hood Shooting?

The Christmas Day Attack, also known as the "Underwear Bomber" attack, occurred on December 25, 2009, when a Nigerian man attempted to detonate a bomb on a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit. The DoD Report compares the two incidents in terms of the response and prevention efforts by the U.S. government and military.

What were the findings of the DoD Report on the Fort Hood Shooting?

The DoD Report found that there were multiple failures in the communication and response to warning signs leading up to the Fort Hood Shooting. It also highlighted the need for better prevention and response protocols for similar incidents in the future.

What changes were implemented as a result of the DoD Report?

The DoD Report led to the implementation of several changes, including increased training and awareness for identifying warning signs of potential violence, improved communication and coordination between agencies, and the establishment of a threat reporting system.

Has the DoD Report had any impact on preventing similar incidents in the future?

While it is difficult to measure the direct impact of the DoD Report, it has led to significant changes in policies and procedures that aim to prevent and respond to incidents of violence in the military. However, it is important to continue evaluating and improving these measures to ensure the safety and well-being of all service members.