Good job while in college. Looking for advice

In summary, the conversation was about a junior electrical engineering student looking for a job with a flexible schedule to accommodate their school schedule. They mentioned their current job being stressful and hindering their ability to focus on school. One person suggested network marketing and another shared their experience working at Hewlett Packard while in college.
JerryG
Hey guys. I'm currently a Junior electrical engineering student. I'm working and going to school right now, but my current job is not very accommodating to a full time school schedule. I would like to work somewhere that has a pretty flexible schedule so I can take more classes. Plus, my current job is extremely stressful and is really making it hard for me to concentrate on school. Can any of you guys suggest a good place to work while in college? Where did you work while getting through school.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I am looking for internet job too, I am expert in power system.

BEST REGARDS
M.S.Jafarpour

I'm Doing the network marketing thing ... it's helpful ...

I had a nice part-time job as a "junior engineer" at Hewlett Packard while attending college (1954-58). Work schedule was very flexible, and HP was only ~2 miles from campus. Learned a lot about high frequency vacuum tube circuit design. Like in vacuum-tube oscilloscopes. Shortly after graduation, no one was using vacuum tubes any more.

1. How important is it to have a good job while in college?

Having a good job while in college can be extremely beneficial for a number of reasons. Firstly, it can help you gain valuable work experience and develop important skills that will be useful in your future career. It can also provide financial stability and help you pay for your education and living expenses. Additionally, having a good job can help you build a professional network and make valuable connections in your desired field.

2. What type of jobs should I look for while in college?

The type of job you should look for while in college will depend on your individual interests, skills, and career goals. It is important to find a job that is flexible and can accommodate your academic schedule. Some popular options for college students include part-time jobs on campus, internships, and remote work opportunities. It is also beneficial to look for jobs that are related to your field of study, as this can provide valuable experience and knowledge.

3. How should I balance my job and my studies while in college?

Balancing a job and your studies can be challenging, but it is important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. It can be helpful to create a schedule that includes dedicated time for both work and studying. It is also important to communicate with your employer and professors to ensure that they are aware of your commitments and can provide support when needed. Additionally, make sure to take breaks and prioritize self-care to avoid burnout.

4. What skills can I gain from having a job while in college?

There are many valuable skills that you can gain from having a job while in college. These can include time management, communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and adaptability. You may also develop specific technical skills related to your job, depending on the role. These skills will not only benefit you in your current job, but they will also be valuable in your future career.

5. What if I am struggling to find a good job while in college?

If you are struggling to find a good job while in college, don't panic. It can take time and effort to find the right job opportunity. Start by networking and reaching out to your peers, professors, and career services center for potential job leads. You can also consider volunteering or taking on freelance work to gain experience and build your resume. Remember to stay persistent and keep applying for positions that align with your goals and interests.