Who knows the original publication of Laplace transformation by Laplace?

In summary, Laplace transformation was first introduced by French mathematician Pierre-Simon Laplace in his book "Exposition du système du monde" in 1796. This mathematical tool has been used to simplify complex differential equations and solve problems in engineering, physics, and mathematics. It is also an essential tool in the field of control theory and signal processing. Laplace was the first to discover and publish Laplace transformation, and it has been widely used in modern science to solve problems and develop theories in various fields.
dongsh2
Dear Sir/Madam,

Who knows the original publication of Laplace transformation by Laplace? Which journal and what "Title"?

Recently I was recognized this problem when one of my student asked me this problem. I try to find it, but it failed to get it.

Physics news on Phys.org
dongsh2:
Google "Laplace transform" and check the historical references at the end of the wikipedia article on same. There are several references there which seem to answer your question.

1. What is the original publication of Laplace transformation by Laplace?

The original publication of Laplace transformation by Laplace is "Exposition du système du monde" (1796), a book written by French mathematician Pierre-Simon Laplace.

2. When was Laplace transformation first introduced?

Laplace transformation was first introduced in "Exposition du système du monde" in 1796 by Pierre-Simon Laplace.

3. What is the significance of Laplace transformation?

Laplace transformation is a mathematical tool used to simplify complex differential equations and solve problems in engineering, physics, and mathematics. It is an essential tool in the field of control theory and signal processing.

4. Was Laplace the first to discover Laplace transformation?

Yes, Pierre-Simon Laplace was the first to discover and publish Laplace transformation in his book "Exposition du système du monde" in 1796.

5. How has Laplace transformation been used in modern science?

Laplace transformation has been widely used in modern science to solve problems in various fields such as electrical engineering, physics, and mathematics. It has played a crucial role in developing theories and models in these fields and continues to be an essential tool in current research.