Need advice on how to deal with stress related to studies

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on how to overcome "brain fog" and increase their productivity in studying, specifically in the subject of physics. They believe their focus on achieving tangible results has hindered their creativity and enjoyment of the subject. They are open to unconventional methods and are looking for ways to change their thinking patterns.
Hymne
Hello everybody out there!
I've recently got a stroke of what is called 'brain fog' on other internet pages. The reason I take this up is that I need some help on my perspective conserning my studies. Besides I think there's many people out there that have the same problem as me.

If you have any experience from this phenomena and how to get rid of it, please share it with me! Everything is of need.

Back to my problem. I've mainly looked on the reason for my studies to be achieving something. This, however, always increase my demands on myself when the reading is going good (since I want to perform that way 16houres/day, starting to make a booklist etc..).

This must change! I want judge a good studing day from how high my interest and motivation was instead of how many pages was read.

There is however a big difference between knowing how I want to think and actually thinking that way. How to change this thinkin pattern? :/

I´ve never felt this handicapped. I love physics, but know I can't perform.. My whole world of imagination is gone.

Do you have any advice on how to get a more anti-productive/pro-creative perspective on my reading?

Thank you so much!
Every constructive advice or sharing of own stories is of biiig help!

I usually find something to love in every human being, and I doubt I wouldn't find anything in you guys.

Best regards Hymne.

Physics news on Phys.org
You want to imagine things while reading? perhaps you can use imagination to better understand some of what you read in a physics textbook. Hope that helps.

Yeah, I always use my imagination while reading. But the stress kills this creativity and know I think my brain is saying 'No more!'. :/

Screw reading. Do problems and solve them in an unconventional manner.

It is a psychological fact too that your brain stops you from making creative thoughts. You need to take that challenge of brain and to gradually control things your own way. Refresh yourself and move with creative thoughts without letting brain to discourage you.

What are some common signs of stress related to studies?

Some common signs of stress related to studies include difficulty concentrating, feeling overwhelmed, changes in appetite or sleep patterns, irritability, and physical symptoms such as headaches or stomachaches.

How can I manage my stress while studying?

There are several techniques you can try to manage stress related to studies, such as practicing time management, taking breaks, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and seeking support from friends, family, or a counselor.

What are some healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with stress related to studies?

Healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with stress related to studies include deep breathing exercises, mindfulness meditation, talking to someone about your feelings, engaging in a hobby or activity you enjoy, and practicing self-care.

What are some ways to prevent stress related to studies?

To prevent stress related to studies, it is important to establish a balanced and manageable study schedule, prioritize tasks, ask for help when needed, set realistic goals, and take care of your physical and mental health.

When should I seek professional help for stress related to studies?

If you are experiencing severe or persistent stress related to studies that is affecting your daily life, it is important to seek professional help from a counselor or therapist. They can provide you with personalized strategies and support to manage your stress and improve your overall well-being.