Why is Photoshop's white color appearing as a yellowish tone?

In summary, the person is having an issue with the "White" color in their Photoshop CS5 program appearing as a yellowish color. They have already tried selecting the value (255,255,255) but are unsure why it is not working. They are then given a suggestion to check their monitor configuration, which ultimately resolves the issue.
phylotree
I have photoshop CS5 installed in my computer, but the "White" color for anything in it always appears to be a facial cream like yellowish color. I don't know why, I chose the value (255,255,255) already. Any help please...

Computer science news on Phys.org
phylotree said:
I have photoshop CS5 installed in my computer, but the "White" color for anything in it always appears to be a facial cream like yellowish color. I don't know why, I chose the value (255,255,255) already. Any help please...

Is your monitor configured correctly?

What kind of computer are you using? Not all systems use 255,255,255 as their default white value. Note that monitor configuration plays a big part in this as well.

Ohhhh, thanks, :biggrin: I reconfigure it and it becomes "white" now.

There could be a few reasons why the white color in Photoshop is appearing as a yellowish tone. One possibility is that your display settings may be affecting the color appearance. Make sure your monitor's color profile is properly calibrated and that you are viewing the image in the correct color space.

Another possibility is that there may be a color cast in the original image you are working with. This could be due to lighting conditions or the color settings of the camera used to capture the image. Try adjusting the white balance or color temperature of the image to see if that helps.

It is also important to note that the appearance of colors can vary between different versions of Photoshop. If you have recently upgraded to CS5 from a previous version, there may be slight differences in color rendering.

If none of these solutions resolve the issue, it is possible that there may be a glitch or bug in your Photoshop software. You can try updating to the latest version or contacting Adobe support for assistance.

1. What is the purpose of the white color in Photoshop?

The white color in Photoshop is a default color used for various purposes, such as creating a new layer, backgrounds, and erasing or blending elements in an image.

2. Can I change the white color in Photoshop?

Yes, you can change the white color in Photoshop by selecting a different color from the color picker tool or by adjusting the color settings in the program.

3. Does the white color affect the overall appearance of an image in Photoshop?

Yes, the white color can affect the overall appearance of an image in Photoshop. It can be used to create highlights, add brightness, or enhance the contrast of an image.

4. What is the difference between white and transparent in Photoshop?

White color in Photoshop is a solid color that can be applied to various elements, while transparency refers to the absence of any color or opacity. In other words, white is a color, and transparent is a property of a color or layer in Photoshop.

5. How can I create a white background in Photoshop?

To create a white background in Photoshop, you can use the "New Layer" option and fill the layer with white color, or you can use the "Background Eraser" tool to remove the existing background and replace it with white.