Need good backup software, not only free

• Thread starter BeRob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, the person is looking for a backup solution to protect their data from being deleted. They plan to backup their data on an external device and possibly online. They want the backup to only include changed files and be done automatically. They are willing to consider affordable programs and appreciate the suggestion of Acronis True Image for its good tech support and ability to make incremental backups.
BeRob
My situation. There are many GB of difference data that would be saved for it protection from deleting.
I wish to do backup on external device and I plan to start backup online.
Backup must be for only changed files and be automatically.
Free software has as a rule some limitations and not good tech support. I’m ready to consider not very expensive programs.
Thanks for you answers.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'll 2nd greg's suggestion. Acronis is what we use at work to make nightly incremental backups of our servers. Its a good piece of software and will do exactly what you are looking for.

Backing up many gigabytes of data online would be very time consuming, unless you have an unusually fast upload speed. Most backup solutions involve some type of offline storage. For a home system, probably an external hard drive would be best. If it's just a few GB, you might consider backing up to DVD's.

I understand the importance of data protection and the need for reliable backup software. Based on your situation, I would recommend considering paid backup software that offers advanced features such as automatic backups and support for external devices. While free software may seem like a cost-effective option, it often has limitations and may not provide the level of protection and support that your data deserves.

In addition, investing in a reliable backup software can save you time and potential headaches in the future. The cost of losing important data far outweighs the expense of purchasing a quality backup program.

I would suggest researching and comparing different backup software options to find one that best fits your needs and budget. It is also important to regularly test and update your backups to ensure the safety and accessibility of your data. Thank you for considering my response and I wish you the best of luck in finding the right backup solution for your needs.

1. What are the most important features to look for in a good backup software?

A good backup software should have features such as automated backups, multiple backup options (full, incremental, differential), encryption for secure backups, and the ability to schedule backups at specific times.

2. Are there any reputable free backup software options available?

Yes, there are many reputable free backup software options available such as EaseUS Todo Backup, AOMEI Backupper, and Cobian Backup. It's important to do research and read reviews to find the best fit for your needs.

3. Is it necessary to pay for a backup software or can I rely on free options?

It depends on your specific needs and preferences. If you have a large amount of data or require advanced features, it may be worth investing in a paid backup software. However, there are many reliable free options available that can meet the needs of most users.

4. How often should I backup my data?

It is recommended to backup your data at least once a week. However, the frequency of backups may vary depending on the amount and importance of your data. It's also a good idea to backup your data before making any major changes or updates to your system.

5. Can I backup my data to the cloud?

Yes, many backup software options offer the ability to backup your data to the cloud. This can provide an extra layer of protection in case of hardware failure or disasters. However, it's important to research the security measures of the cloud storage provider to ensure your data is kept safe.