Suggest me please - Water pumps in Thailand

• Thread starter son_of_edison
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pumps Water
In summary, the conversation is about a person in Thailand seeking advice on what type of motor system to use for their water pump. They mention needing it for their father's rice planting and express a desire for a system that is safe, energy-efficient, has good flow rate, and operates at a low temperature. They are looking for suggestions and advice on what type of pump would best meet their requirements.
son_of_edison
Suggest me please! -- Water pumps in Thailand

I need to motor system for pump.

What I sholud have system to motor? For safe motor,for save electricity,for the best

performance control and other.

My father is planting rice. The water is necessary.

I live in Thailand. :shy:

please!

Engineering news on Phys.org

son_of_edison said:
I need to motor system for pump.

What I sholud have system to motor? For safe motor,for save electricity,for the best

performance control and other.

My father is planting rice. The water is necessary.

I live in Thailand. :shy:

please!

Welcome to the PF.

I have added some words to your thread title to make it more descriptive. What pumps are available locally? What do other farmers in your area use for pumping water?

It depends on what you are pumping the water for. Are you using it to pump clean water to your crops? Or are you using it to get rid of dirty water?

If the water you pump is dirty, something like a screw pump would be best. If its to pump clean water, then you can use something like a piston pump or a centrifugal pump.

It also depends on your flow requirements (pressure, flow rate, temperature).

Perhaps tell us what you want to do with the pump so that we can better advise.

The pump is riverside. Do planting rice only.
My reqiurement
- save energy (electricity).
- save motor.
- good flow rate.
- safety
- low temperature when operate

please sugestion the requirement that should be!,if have.

thank you for reply.

I would suggest looking into solar-powered water pumps for your father's rice plantation in Thailand. Solar-powered pumps are a sustainable and cost-effective solution for providing water in rural areas, as they do not require electricity and have low maintenance costs. Additionally, you may want to consider a pump with a variable speed drive, which can optimize energy usage and provide better control for irrigation purposes. It is important to also consider the water source and the type of pump needed for efficient water extraction. I recommend consulting with a local expert or conducting further research to determine the best water pump system for your specific needs in Thailand.

What are the different types of water pumps available in Thailand?

There are several types of water pumps available in Thailand, including centrifugal, submersible, and jet pumps. Centrifugal pumps are commonly used for residential and industrial applications, while submersible pumps are suitable for deep well pumping and irrigation. Jet pumps are often used for shallow wells or for increasing water pressure in a household.

What factors should I consider when choosing a water pump in Thailand?

When selecting a water pump in Thailand, it is important to consider the flow rate, head pressure, power source, and the type of water being pumped. The flow rate refers to the amount of water the pump can move in a given time, while the head pressure is the force needed to move the water against gravity. You should also consider the power source available, whether it is electricity or gasoline, and the type of water, such as clean or dirty water.

How do I properly maintain a water pump in Thailand?

Proper maintenance of a water pump in Thailand is essential for its longevity and efficient operation. Regularly check the pump for any signs of wear and tear, and clean or replace any filters or screens. It is also important to regularly change the oil and check the pump's seals for leaks. Additionally, following the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and storing the pump in a dry and covered area can help prolong its lifespan.

Can a water pump in Thailand be used for drinking water?

Yes, some water pumps in Thailand are specifically designed for drinking water, such as those used for deep well pumping. It is important to check the pump's specifications and make sure it is suitable for drinking water before use. It is also recommended to regularly clean and disinfect the pump to ensure the water remains safe for consumption.

Are there any regulations or restrictions on using water pumps in Thailand?

Yes, there are regulations and restrictions on using water pumps in Thailand. For example, a permit may be required for using a pump in certain areas or for certain purposes, such as agricultural irrigation. It is important to research and follow any local laws and regulations before using a water pump in Thailand.