Which Free Camera App is Compatible with Dropbox for Android Tablets?

In summary, the conversation is about the need for a basic camera app on an android tablet that allows for easy saving of photos in the pictures folder. The person recommending the use of Dropbox as an alternative for automatically uploading photos and videos for free, with the option for an annual fee for larger storage.
biferi
I have an android tablet running ice cream sand witch 4.0

I need a basic camera app that when I take a photo it will let me save it in my pictures folder on the tablet.

I am on the play store and need a free app.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't have an android tablet, but are you saying the default camera app doesn't let you save photos?

I use Dropbox. After taking photos or videos, I open the Dropbox applet and tell it which ones I want to upload. Google will do it for you automatically, and there are many other options. Dropbox is free up to a certain size, after which there is an annual fee of $100--but if you clean it out on your PC once in a while, you can get by without paying.

1. What features should a basic camera app include?

A basic camera app should include features such as the ability to take photos, switch between front and back cameras, adjust flash settings, and access to a photo gallery to view and manage captured images.

2. Can a basic camera app be used for professional photography?

No, a basic camera app is designed for casual use and may not have the advanced features and settings necessary for professional photography.

3. Is a basic camera app available on all smartphone platforms?

Most smartphone platforms have a basic camera app built-in, but there are also third-party camera apps available for download on various platforms.

4. Are there any privacy concerns with using a basic camera app?

Yes, it is important to be aware of the app's permissions and privacy policies before using it. Some camera apps may access your location, contacts, and other personal information. It is important to only use trusted and reputable camera apps.

5. Can a basic camera app be used for video recording?

Yes, most basic camera apps have the option to record videos in addition to taking photos. However, the video recording quality may not be as high as dedicated video recording apps.