URL management (like Diigo and Scrible)?

• Thread starter christian0710
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Management
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a smart management software for bookmarks and highlights on websites. The problem with existing options such as Diigo and Scrible is the storage maximum and changing prices, which could result in loss of bookmark data. The speaker is looking for a solution that allows saving on their own computer instead of using cloud services. One suggested option is Instapaper, which stores bookmarks on its servers and offers organizing and commenting features. Additionally, the speaker uses the Read Later browser add-on to quickly add pages to Instapaper. Instapaper is private and free to use.
christian0710
URL management (like Diigo and Scrible)??

Hi, I'm looking for a smart management software so I can manage all my bookmarks and highlight on websites.

The problem:
The problem with Diigo and Scrible is that there is a storage maximum and prices change, so I can't pay any more I loose all my bookmark data. A better solution (which I'm looking fore) would be if there is a software that allows you to save it on your own computer instead of on Cloud services.
Does that exist?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I use Instapaper (along with Read Later browser add-on). Instapaper stores my bookmarks on its servers, and I can organize them in folders and post comments about them. Read Later quickly adds the current page I am browsing to Instapaper.

Instapaper is private (at least, by default) and free.

What is URL management?

URL management is the process of organizing and managing web addresses, or URLs, in a systematic and efficient manner. This includes bookmarking, tagging, and annotating URLs for easy retrieval and reference.

What is Diigo?

Diigo is a social bookmarking and annotation tool that allows users to save, organize, and share web pages. It also offers features such as highlighting, sticky notes, and collaborative research.

What is Scrible?

Scrible is a web-based research and annotation tool that allows users to save, annotate, and share web pages. It also offers features such as highlighting, notes, and citation management.

How can URL management tools like Diigo and Scrible benefit researchers?

URL management tools can benefit researchers by providing a centralized location to store and organize their web sources, making it easier to find and reference information for their research. These tools also allow for collaboration and sharing of sources, making it easier to work on projects with others.

Are there any drawbacks to using URL management tools?

One potential drawback of URL management tools is that they may require a learning curve and time investment to fully utilize all of their features. Additionally, relying solely on these tools for research may limit exposure to new sources and perspectives, as they only save and organize sources that the user has already discovered.