Adding a Thumbnail to Google Chrome (Manually)

In summary, a thumbnail in Google Chrome is a small image or preview of a webpage that appears when you hover over a link or bookmark in the browser. To add a thumbnail, you will need to manually create a bookmark and then edit it to upload an image or choose from available options. Adding a thumbnail can make it easier to visually identify and access favorite or frequently visited webpages. Yes, you can change a thumbnail by editing the associated bookmark. While there is no specific limit, it is recommended to only add thumbnails for the most important webpages to avoid cluttering the bookmarks bar.
Astrum
Is there any way to manually add a thumbnail to the Google chrome "new tab" tab? I HATE how it won't let you pick which sites you want there, it instead makes the decisions for you.

Is there someway to edit the code, perhaps?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Astrum said:
Is there any way to manually add a thumbnail to the Google chrome "new tab" tab? I HATE how it won't let you pick which sites you want there, it instead makes the decisions for you.

Is there someway to edit the code, perhaps?

Why don't you use an extension instead?

What is a thumbnail in Google Chrome?

A thumbnail in Google Chrome is a small image or preview of a webpage that appears when you hover over a link or bookmark in the browser. It allows you to quickly see what the webpage is about before clicking on it.

How do I add a thumbnail to Google Chrome?

To add a thumbnail to Google Chrome, you will need to manually create a bookmark for the webpage you want to add as a thumbnail. Then, you can edit the bookmark by right-clicking on it and selecting "Edit." From there, you can upload an image or choose from the available options to set as the thumbnail for that bookmark.

Why would I want to add a thumbnail to Google Chrome?

Adding a thumbnail to Google Chrome can make it easier for you to visually identify and access your favorite or frequently visited webpages. It can also help you organize your bookmarks and make your browsing experience more efficient.

Can I change a thumbnail in Google Chrome?

Yes, you can change a thumbnail in Google Chrome by editing the bookmark associated with it. You can upload a new image or choose from the available options to set as the new thumbnail.

Is there a limit to the number of thumbnails I can have in Google Chrome?

There is no specific limit to the number of thumbnails you can have in Google Chrome. However, having too many thumbnails can clutter your bookmarks bar and make it difficult to find what you need. It is recommended to only add thumbnails for the most frequently visited or important webpages.