Student distracted by movement

In summary, a student is quietly writing an essay when something starts moving rapidly within their eyeshot. Distracted, the student asks the 'thing' to stop moving. The 'thing' turns out to be a banner and not a video, disappointing some members. The original poster suggests posting the video on other forums and platforms for more views.
omega2
Have you seen this video before? It shows a student quietly writing an essay when something starts moving rapidly within eyeshot of the student. Distracted the student asks the ‘thing’ to stop moving, well you’ll see the rest…….

Video found here - http://rapidshare.de/files/1338592/wobbble.wmv.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
quite vexing. I am done watching your videos

wtf? I see no reason to post in this thread.

vexing?! It's well you've stopped watching my videos because i found your comments equally displeasing :tongue2:

then why did you mapper??

Where the hell is the video? It's a freaking banner not a website.

I highly recommend that moderators implement a new rule stating that all links are ready to be viewed or ready to be downloaded.

This is certainly not one of those.

Last edited:
Where the hell is the video?

i've deleted it, due to almost universal contempt (though I still maintain it was tremendously amusing in a surreal sense). However, the thread isn't wasted as I shall do another video and post it here in about 3hrs time :smile:

I'd rather not use RAPIDSHARE as a host, due to the difficulty people have finding the link. If you know a free alternative with the option to delete i'd be grateful :blushing:

I thought it was about a student who crapped his pants during a test.

Imagine my disappointment.

[tex]i[/tex]

The Rev

omega try making a funny video for change, like i donno, a newage comedy?

Those videos are supposed to be funny! I laughed after viewing them! Absurd British humour is what I excel at (comes easliy to me; coming up with fanciful notions). I also have jewish ancestry so I'm an odd mixture, engendering odd ideas :yuck:

Ironically two of my biggest success's were my least seen, one with me wearing a dracula mask and the other pretending to be a constipated robot. Both of which elicited a few 'lol' reactions (rare for me).

perhaps you need more characters.. i donno

try doing some outside gig, like stalking people on the street with hidden cameras and obnoxious pickup lines.

id pay to see that :biggrin:

ry doing some outside gig, like stalking people on the street with hidden cameras and obnoxious pickup lines.

i daren't go outside. i am a loner who avoids direct human contact. i prefer the internet to communicate :biggrin:

you'll have to watch professional tv to see that kind of show...

meantime, my weirdness brews for tonights performance! o:)

Hello! Here’s my latest production – FRANKENSTEIN VISITS DR GREENSTEIN FOR PLASTIC SURGERY! Tell me what you think!

Video here - http://rapidshare.de/files/1343595/franke.wmv.html

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't watched it, but i have a question

why do you post it on a science/engineering forum - just curious.

i mean you could post it on some NYU's Village People forum or UCLA's United Bimbos Anonymous board -- i mean there are many liberal arts type of folk attending higher institutions who would appreciate such a disregard for one's own life and timespace continuum around it

i'll post on any board that has a high membership with active boards. Give me the site addresses and i'll readily post there, the more the merrier :smile:

myspace.com - register, create your profile, and click on Groups - there are literally 11249 groups under 'Entertainment', 127065 groups under 'Other', 8087 groups under 'Cultures & Community', and thousands more groups - not to mention a few million people overall on myspace.

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.categories

The Rev said:
I thought it was about a student who crapped his pants during a test.

Imagine my disappointment.

[tex]i[/tex]

The Rev
:rofl: Thanks for the good laugh! That's hilarious. :rofl:

1. What causes students to be distracted by movement in the classroom?

There are several potential causes for students to be distracted by movement in the classroom. Some common factors include an individual's attention span, their level of interest in the lesson, and external stimuli such as noise or other distractions in the environment.

2. How can teachers help reduce student distraction from movement?

Teachers can implement strategies such as creating a structured and engaging lesson plan, minimizing external distractions, using visual aids and interactive activities, and providing opportunities for movement breaks to help reduce student distraction from movement.

3. Is it normal for students to be distracted by movement?

Yes, it is normal for students to be distracted by movement. Children and adolescents have shorter attention spans and are highly sensitive to external stimuli, making it easier for them to become distracted by any type of movement in their surroundings.

4. Can student distraction from movement be a sign of a learning disability?

While there is no direct correlation between student distraction from movement and learning disabilities, it can be a symptom of certain conditions such as ADHD or sensory processing disorders. It is important for teachers and parents to observe and monitor a student's behavior and seek professional help if necessary.

5. How can a student who is easily distracted by movement improve their focus?

There are several strategies that students can use to improve their focus, such as minimizing distractions in their environment, practicing mindfulness and relaxation techniques, setting small achievable goals, and breaking up tasks into smaller chunks. Speaking with a teacher or counselor can also help a student develop personalized strategies to improve their focus.