Project Management: Learn and Find Jobs

In summary, a project manager is responsible for ensuring that a project is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
djeipa
What is it about ? I want to learn and will look for a job that mainly do things about it ? :blushing:

Physics news on Phys.org
In a nutshell. making sure all the things that need to happen to get a project done properly in an efficient manner within the constraints of time and money.

The easiest top level view is a triangle. You have money, quality, and time at each corner. A project managers job is to balance those out to make his customers happy, and the proverbial saying is "here are 3, pick the two you want".

Its pretty easy to do in residential construction, much tougher in a towering office complex, and insanely difficult in an R-D environment where you are required to put plans together, when close to 60% of the needed tasks have wide variability in the arenas of labor, costs, and even feasibility. Then throw in people management, apart from the easily defined arena's of costing, equipment, and deliveries, and it becomes a pretty grey field.

There are many in engineering and science who find the ambiguity troublesome, but there are also others who truly thrive on the challenge, and the people management aspects. A friend of mine who was a shutte engineer used to say, the tech stuff is easy, the people part is where the big challenges are. Personally I think he was correct, almost to the point of thinking the people management issues can be quite overwhelming at times. I can persuade a group of electrons to do something, getting Joe motivated may be a much larger challenge. Each are needed, and we all have different skills. A good project manager is a huge asset, even more so if they are technically sharp.

Ron

by the way do you know if a matrix calculated as M/M/1 is applied in real jobs of network technicians ? where in the profession is that applied ? it appears in all of network exams

1. What is project management?

Project management is the practice of planning, organizing, and overseeing a project from start to finish. It involves setting goals, creating a timeline, allocating resources, and managing tasks to ensure successful completion of the project.

2. Why is project management important?

Project management is important because it helps ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and with the desired outcome. It also helps to identify and mitigate potential risks, improves communication among team members, and increases overall efficiency and productivity.

3. What skills are necessary for project management?

Some essential skills for project management include organization, communication, leadership, problem-solving, time management, and budgeting. It is also important to have a strong understanding of project management methodologies and tools.

4. How can I learn project management?

There are various ways to learn project management, such as taking courses, attending workshops or seminars, or reading books and articles on the subject. You can also gain hands-on experience by volunteering for project management roles or working on small projects.

5. What types of jobs are available in project management?

There are many job opportunities in project management, including project manager, project coordinator, project analyst, and project consultant. Depending on the industry, there may also be specialized project management roles, such as IT project manager or construction project manager.