Building a device NEEDS HELP

In summary, the conversation is about creating a device that consists of a main motor, a stick, a remote control, and a step motor to pull a rope. The main motor rotates the stick for a set amount of time while the step motor pulls the rope a certain number of degrees. The device should be lightweight and able to be controlled from a distance of 50 to 100 meters. The speaker is seeking help with determining what other components they may need, what type of motors to use, what type of remote control to use, and what type of batteries to use. They also mention that the rope will be used to haul items over a distance of 50 to 100 yards.
elkhatri
hi guys

i want to make a device consists of
- a motor
- stick (60 cm long, 0.4 Kg)
- remote control
- step motor to pull a rope
-buttries

the idea is the main motor rotates the stick for seconds or for a minute. and the step motor pulls the rope 360 or 720 degrees. and all these motors controlled by a remote control from a distance around 50 to 100 meters. the device should be light not heavy...

the HELP i need are
- what elese i need ? (some people told me i need some electronic chip for timing)
- what type/kind of motors i can use? (by the way i don't knw much about motors)
- what type of remote contol i can use?
- what type of buttries i can use?

am sure you have the right path and better ideas than what i have... TELL ME PLEASE

THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
What is a rob?

sorry
a rope

You really need to give us more detail. A sketch would be an excellent start. Also, you should tell us things like what the rope is hauling, how much it will be used, etc. For example, you're hauling over 50 to 100 yards - batteries might be a poor option, unless you're talking car batteries - but that won't be very light...

1. What materials are needed to build a device?

The materials needed to build a device will depend on the specific purpose and design of the device. Generally, you will need basic tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, and wire cutters, as well as electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors. It is important to research and plan out your device beforehand to determine the specific materials needed.

2. Do I need a background in electronics to build a device?

While having a background in electronics can be helpful, it is not always necessary. There are many resources available online, such as tutorials and forums, that can guide you through the process of building a device. As long as you are patient, willing to learn, and follow instructions carefully, you can successfully build a device without previous experience in electronics.

3. How do I troubleshoot if my device is not working?

If your device is not working properly, the first step is to check all connections and make sure everything is properly connected. Double check your circuit and wiring, and make sure all components are functioning correctly. If the problem persists, you may need to consult the device's manual or seek help from a more experienced individual.

4. Can I modify an existing device to suit my specific needs?

Yes, it is possible to modify an existing device to suit your specific needs. However, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the device's design and function before attempting any modifications. It is also important to note that making significant changes to a device may affect its overall performance.

5. Is it safe to build a device on my own?

Building a device on your own can be safe as long as you take proper precautions. It is important to handle electronic components with care, avoid working with live circuits, and always wear appropriate safety gear. If you are unsure about any aspect of the building process, it is best to seek guidance from a trained professional.