Can I Create a Working iPhone from Two Broken Ones?

• Thread starter airborne18
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Iphone
In summary, the individual has two broken iPhones - one with a cracked screen and one that does not work but has a good screen. They are wondering if it is possible to make one working phone from the two broken ones. They also mention that the specific model is the previous generation of the iTouch and they plan to reference iFixit.com for guidance on opening the phones.
airborne18
I have 2 broken Iphones and want to make one good one. Basically the one has a cracked screen. Anyone have any experience with this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
What's the problem with the other iPhone? Are you sure you can cobble a working phone from two broken ones?

What model iPhone is it? iFixit.com has teardowns of the models I usually use for reference on the rare occasions when I have to open one up.

fss said:
What's the problem with the other iPhone? Are you sure you can cobble a working phone from two broken ones?

What model iPhone is it? iFixit.com has teardowns of the models I usually use for reference on the rare occasions when I have to open one up.

It is the previous generation of the iTouch, not the phone. I have one with a cracked screen that works, and I have one that does not work, but has a good screen. ( not sure why the one does not work, but the screen appears to display ).

I will check out that site. thanks

1. How do I disassemble an iPhone?

The process of disassembling an iPhone varies depending on the model. Generally, you will need to remove the screws on the bottom of the phone, use a suction cup to lift the screen, and carefully disconnect the cables and components inside. It is important to follow a detailed guide or tutorial to avoid damaging the phone.

2. What tools do I need to disassemble an iPhone?

The tools needed to disassemble an iPhone typically include a small Phillips screwdriver, a suction cup, a plastic pry tool, and tweezers. These tools can be purchased in a phone repair kit or individually. It is important to use the correct tools to avoid damaging delicate components.

3. Is it safe to disassemble an iPhone?

Disassembling an iPhone can be safe if done carefully and with the right tools. It is important to follow a guide or tutorial and use caution when handling the small components. If you are not confident in your ability to disassemble the phone, it is best to take it to a professional.

4. Can I reassemble an iPhone after disassembling it?

Yes, it is possible to reassemble an iPhone after disassembly. However, it can be a delicate process and it is important to remember the order in which the components were removed. It is also important to ensure all cables and connectors are properly reattached to avoid any malfunctions.

5. Why would someone want to disassemble an iPhone?

There are a few reasons someone may want to disassemble an iPhone. It could be for repair purposes, to replace a damaged component, or to upgrade certain parts. Some people also disassemble their iPhones out of curiosity or for educational purposes.