Hydrogen + oxygen combustion rating

In summary, the speaker is planning to build a 50cc engine moto bike that runs on hydrogen. They are unsure about the amount of hydrogen needed for 1 liter of oxygen and what type of carburetor to use. They also mention having difficulties with electricity and not knowing the combustion rating. They ask for help with storing the hydrogen and provide a link to a hydrogen generator. They suggest using a compressor to save the hydrogen in a metal bottle and connecting it to the air filter. They speculate that the combustion rating is 1:2 but are unsure.
SertNick
hello i going to make an moto bike of 50cc engine to work witn hydrogen... and my problem is : how many liters of hydrogen i vgot to pun in 1 litre of oxygen.. what carbirator i vgo to make.. or were i can take one li it

for example the combution rating of fuel/oxygen is 14.7/1

i've tried to make it but i : 1) had not the appropriate electricity! and 2) i doesn't knew the combution rating

Physics news on Phys.org
I got another problem for you to solve, Nick: How do I store the hydrogen I am using for fuel on my moto bike?

this is the link of the easiest and good hydrogen generator! and if u make it tin a big good plastic bottle that will be germetic closed ull can take the hydrogen pulling out an tube! its easy to say but ull need an compressor to save the hydrogen in an other metalic botle that will can handle a lot of pressure bars.. and the tube that wil lgo to it will vto to have a compressor...

Last edited by a moderator:
oh sorry^^ iu didnt understood your question very well.. well.. you are not using fuel.. just put the tube of hydroger to te airfilter... and contepor it with the air.. i think the combution rating is 1:2 but I am not sure yet.. that's why i posted this question here

1. What is the combustion rating of hydrogen and oxygen?

The combustion rating of hydrogen and oxygen is 2.2 megajoules per liter (MJ/L). This means that when hydrogen and oxygen are combusted, they release 2.2 MJ of energy for every liter of gas consumed.

2. How does the combustion rating of hydrogen and oxygen compare to other fuels?

The combustion rating of hydrogen and oxygen is significantly higher than most other fuels, such as gasoline (34 MJ/L) and natural gas (39 MJ/L). This is due to the high energy content of hydrogen and the highly efficient combustion process when mixed with oxygen.

3. Can the combustion rating of hydrogen and oxygen be improved?

Yes, the combustion rating of hydrogen and oxygen can be improved by increasing the ratio of hydrogen to oxygen in the combustion process. This can be achieved by using pure hydrogen gas or by using a fuel cell system, which combines hydrogen and oxygen in a controlled environment to produce electricity.

4. What are the environmental impacts of using hydrogen and oxygen as a fuel source?

The combustion of hydrogen and oxygen produces only water vapor as a byproduct, making it a clean and environmentally friendly fuel source. However, the production of hydrogen gas can have a significant carbon footprint if not produced using renewable energy sources.

5. How is the combustion rating of hydrogen and oxygen measured?

The combustion rating of hydrogen and oxygen is typically measured in megajoules per liter (MJ/L) or megajoules per kilogram (MJ/kg). It can be calculated by measuring the energy released during combustion and dividing it by the volume or weight of the fuel consumed.