Double Sew Interference: Light Source Effect?

• Thread starter thinker
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of interference in a double-slit experiment when using two separate sources of light. The speaker also expresses difficulty in understanding the concept of coherence and phase difference in relation to this experiment. They also mention using the example of water waves to argue against the need for coherence.
thinker
In double sew interfere with experiment, make each one sew use a light source, would still have the interference?

Physics news on Phys.org
This problem look easy, so no one's answer.haha...
The reason that I ask this problem, is because I think to have no interference the existence.
I am to say theoretically have no interference existence.Look and usual theories antinomy.
Don't know to have the person to do this to experiment?

thinker said:
This problem look easy, so no one's answer.haha...

No, I think it's because people don't understand your question. :frown:

Obviously English is not your first language, so it would not be good for people to make jokes about or put you down about it. But you still need to accept that people will have trouble understanding you, if your English isn't good enough.

I think you are asking the following: In a double-slit interference experiment [where the light through both slits actually comes from a single source], what happens if you use two separate sources of light?

In that situation, you will usually not have interference, because the two sources need to have a constant phase difference between them, that is, they have to be coherent with each other. This is hard to do with real light sources, even with lasers.

jtbell said:
No, I think it's because people don't understand your question. :frown:

Obviously English is not your first language, so it would not be good for people to make jokes about or put you down about it. But you still need to accept that people will have trouble understanding you, if your English isn't good enough.

I think you are asking the following: In a double-slit interference experiment [where the light through both slits actually comes from a single source], what happens if you use two separate sources of light?

In that situation, you will usually not have interference, because the two sources need to have a constant phase difference between them, that is, they have to be coherent with each other. This is hard to do with real light sources, even with lasers.

yes,My English is very what a mess, I am very sorry.haha..
Thank you to explain English for me.You explain very right.
I learn the physics simultaneously to learn English simultaneously here.

In fact, I think is not they whether the problem for “coherent” , also is not the problem for “need to have a constant phase difference between them” .Consider the circumstance of the wave of water, have no this problem(use two separate sources).
I am an objection to have to “coherent” with the light.

1. What is double sew interference?

Double sew interference is a phenomenon that occurs when two light sources are shone onto a single material with closely-spaced parallel lines, causing the light waves to interfere with each other and create a distinctive pattern of bright and dark areas.

2. How does the light source affect double sew interference?

The light source plays a crucial role in double sew interference. The wavelength, intensity, and direction of the light can all impact the interference pattern produced. Additionally, the distance between the two light sources and the material can also affect the interference pattern.

3. What factors contribute to the visibility of double sew interference?

The visibility of double sew interference is affected by several factors such as the spacing and width of the parallel lines on the material, the angle at which the light is shone onto the material, and the properties of the light sources.

4. Can double sew interference be observed with any type of light?

Yes, double sew interference can be observed with any type of light, as long as the light sources have the appropriate characteristics such as being coherent and having a narrow wavelength range. However, certain types of light, such as laser light, may produce more distinct and easily observable interference patterns.

5. What are some practical applications of double sew interference?

Double sew interference has various practical applications, such as in interferometers for measuring small distances, in optical filters for separating specific wavelengths of light, and in the creation of holograms. It is also used in the textile industry to create fabrics with unique patterns and designs.