Choose Your Ideal Age: Explore the Benefits and Restrictions

• Thread starter 0TheSwerve0
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary: Plus, by then you'll have gained some maturity and may even be ready for a little independence yourself. Anyway, I think the ages are okay, as long as you're aware of what they entail. In summary, the ages are good for when you're still in your early twenties, and not so good when you're in your thirties or forties.

Which age would you prefer to be for the rest of your life

• 7-12

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 13-18

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 19-24

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • 25-29

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • 30's

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 40's

• 50's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60's

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 70's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80's

• Total voters
0TheSwerve0
If you could choose one age to be for the rest of your life, what would it be? You would still have the same personality, mental abilities, and memories. If you picked being in the body of a child, you wouldn't have the social and legal restrictions of a child, but you'd have the physical restrictions. For the older ages, you wouldn't have the wear and tear of a normal elder, but you'd still have less muscle and fat. Anyone be like Gandalf and be old forever but still kick butt?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
25-29, duh. No wait, I want to be old and sick until I die.

I checked 25-29. From about 24-30 was my physical peak. My back problems and diabetes were behind me, the arthritis was just barely starting, and no lung problems. (Damn, I miss playing baseball.:grumpy: )
Oh yeah... and no trifocals.

I'm glad you split the 20s into two groups of ranges. I went with 25-29. Definitely wouldn't want to be stuck being any younger, since you're kind of foolish and nobody gives you any respect yet, but 25 to 29 is a good range. You still have the physical stamina of youth and have acquired more of the mental maturity of adulthood by then, so it's a good balance.

I picked 19-24, because its where I am now, and it's been better than anything else so far. I'm kind of afraid of growing older, moving on etc, so at the moment I'd rather stay where I am. I'm sure I'll change my mind once I reach the 25-30 bracket though.

I chose 19-24 for the same reason as matt :smile:

Entropy said:
25-29, duh. No wait, I want to be old and sick until I die.

You wouldn't be sick, you'd just look old. I just mean what age do you want to appear as. Obviously, tho, you won't be doing any backflips if you choose 80's:biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I'm glad you split the 20s into two groups of ranges. I went with 25-29. Definitely wouldn't want to be stuck being any younger, since you're kind of foolish and nobody gives you any respect yet, but 25 to 29 is a good range. You still have the physical stamina of youth and have acquired more of the mental maturity of adulthood by then, so it's a good balance.

oh really!:grumpy::tongue2:

Swerve said:
Which age would you prefer to be for the rest of your life?
I picked 25-29. Does that mean that I would have to die before I turn thirty?:frown: :wink:

I chose 25-29. Emotionally I have not changed since I was 25, intellectually, I have declined since I was 11. :frown:

I'm one of the "forties" choices.

What's with this 25 - 29 crap? That's the age where women wish they could find a nice guy, have a baby or two, blah blah blah.

The more forty-year old women I meet, the more I realize that it's the best kept secret for women. Independence, baby, independence.

Guess how old Rosa Parks was, when she refused to give up her seat?

Guess how old Maya Angelou was when she wrote "I know why the caged bird sings"?

Guess how old Indira Ghandi was when she became Prime Minister of India?

Women in their forties aren't concerned with men and babies and all that domestic bull. They are concerned with putting their two cents on the *world,* baby.

And I didn't cherry pick, by the way. The forty-something women I know, are *amazing.* So I knew that most of the remarkable women in history starting making headlines in their forties. For this post I picked the first three remarkable women that came to mind, and googled to find out when they started to make a significant, lasting, historical contribution. Every one was in their forties.

Forties totally rock.

I'll be there soon. (And I'm in the best physical shape of my life.)

Last edited:
(And I would guess they all had remarkable children, as well.)

Although, it was hardly a choice.

o:)

pattylou said:
I'm one of the "forties" choices.
What's with this 25 - 29 crap? That's the age where women wish they could find a nice guy, have a baby or two, blah blah blah.
The more forty-year old women I meet, the more I realize that it's the best kept secret for women. Independence, baby, independence.
Actually, independence is another reason I went with the 25 to 29 age. What's this about settling down and having babies in that age? I think in the 40s is when you're stuck saddled with kids, and they'll turn into teenagers in that decade no less. They'll need rides to soccer practice and the library, and everywhere else under the sun, and you've gone from being the adored parent to not being able to do a thing right in your child's eyes. In the 30s, most folks are saddled with small children and can't go anywhere without dragging along a kid (even those of us without kids have other people's kids imposed upon us in the 30s or else we'll never see our friends). But that was definitely not a concern of mine in my 20s. Only the crazy friends with 6 kids started having kids that young. Though, if I had to live the rest of my life in my late 20s, I'd pick a different career path...I wouldn't want to be a poor post-doc forever! :tongue2:

Well if I could I'd stay 21, just because I have the energy :!)

There is also a certain area in which ladies tend to peak in their forties. Considering the way the twenty somethings I've dated are in that area I think staying a twenty something should help me out if I ever date a forty something.

Life starts at 50...

I picked 80's. I've done the childhood thing and had my twenties already. I'm started on my thirties and I'm just beginning to see the age setting in. So I've done all the youthful stuff and would like to try something new. I haven't done the 80's thing yet and I wonder what that would be like. It would be interesting living decades in the body of an elderly man. To me things seem more valuable if I have to struggle to achieve them. I would appreciate going for a walk more as an elderly man just because it is more difficult to do. I would appreciate grandchildren because I may not have long to see them. Every moment would be that much more precious because I know there won't be that many left. If I could have that level of appreciation and understanding by taking an 80 year old body then I would like to try it out.

If I don't get that then I'll stick with my own 30 something body and I'll just have to wait another 50 years.

I picked 30's, because up until my early 30's life had always been a learning project. In my late 30's life became a giving project, I was able to apply all the things I had learned, with a confidence that insured me I was heading in the right direction.

1. What is the concept of choosing your ideal age?

The idea of choosing your ideal age explores the possibility of being able to control and determine your own age. This could involve slowing down or reversing the aging process, or choosing to stay at a certain age indefinitely.

2. Is it possible to choose your ideal age?

At this time, it is not scientifically possible to choose your ideal age. While there have been advancements in anti-aging research, there is currently no proven method for controlling or reversing the aging process.

3. What are the potential benefits of choosing your ideal age?

Some potential benefits of choosing your ideal age could include improved physical and mental health, increased lifespan, and a more youthful appearance. It could also potentially allow individuals to continue pursuing their interests and goals without the physical limitations of aging.

4. Are there any restrictions to choosing your ideal age?

As mentioned before, there is currently no proven method for choosing your ideal age. Additionally, even if it were possible, there could be ethical and societal considerations and limitations to consider. It may also be important to consider the potential impact on the environment and resources if everyone were able to choose their ideal age.

5. What is the current research and development surrounding choosing your ideal age?

There is ongoing research and development in the field of anti-aging and longevity, but there is currently no specific focus on being able to choose your ideal age. Some areas of research include genetics, lifestyle interventions, and pharmaceuticals. However, it is important to approach these developments with caution and ethical considerations.