Register to reply

Electrons move in opposite direction of current?

by oneplusone
Tags: current, direction, electrons, opposite
Share this thread:
oneplusone
Mar8-14, 12:26 PM
P: 127
I was looking at a few circuit diagrams, and it seems like electrons move in the opposite direction as the electric field and current . Why is this? I don't really understand the intuition behind it.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Symphony of nanoplasmonic and optical resonators produces laser-like light emission
Do we live in a 2-D hologram? New Fermilab experiment will test the nature of the universe
Duality principle is 'safe and sound': Researchers clear up apparent violation of wave-particle duality
nsaspook
Mar8-14, 01:02 PM
P: 641
http://xkcd.com/567/
oneplusone
Mar8-14, 01:45 PM
P: 127
Thanks. I understand now.

Borek
Mar8-14, 01:55 PM
Admin
P: 23,568
Electrons move in opposite direction of current?

The only thing to understand is: there is nothing to understand
sophiecentaur
Mar8-14, 05:19 PM
Sci Advisor
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 12,157
If you can't 'understand' Electricity based on conventional current flow then you will definitely not 'understand' the whole thing when it's been 'explained' using electron flow as a basis.

Register to reply