Don't blame me, it's my first day

• Thread starter Hawknc
  • Start date
In summary: I run out of fish. :biggrin:Thank you for the welcome, everyone. I'll just avoid all wildlife for the moment to be safe...or until I run out of fish. :biggrin:
Hawknc
Or, if I was feeling less creative, my introduction thread. :biggrin: (Mods/mentors please feel free to relocate or lock this thread as neceesary if I've posted it in the wrong place.)

I'm Nathan, and I'm currently midway through my fourth year of a double degree in aerospace and mechanical engineering down here in Australia. I'm also interested in physics (at both the very large and very small scales), so signing up here seemed like a logical progression after lurking here and reading a few discussions. I mod at another fairly large forum so I probably have no excuse if my e-manners are out of line. ;) You'll most likely find me lurking and asking silly questions in the mech & aero eng forums, so...hi.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Hawknc! This is the right place to say hi.

If you're lucky there might still be some fish left in the PF Welcome Tent. Feel free to take one. :approve:

Welcome to pff, Hawknc! :smile:

Hawknc said:
You'll most likely find me lurking and asking silly questions in the mech & aero eng forums, so...hi.
G'day Nathan, and welcome to PF. As Evo mentioned, you posted in the right spot.

We look forward to interesting discussion in the Mech & Aero Engineering forums, and others as well.

In addition to fish, we might have some Vegemite sangers. :tongue2:

Cheers!

Like most engineers, just give me a beer and I'll be fine. ;)

Welcome to PF...now that you've posted in General Discussion...You NEVER go back...:bugeye:

Welcome{passes a beer}, nice of you to join us!

Welcome to PF!

can I have a beer? :uhh:

yomamma said:
can I have a beer? :uhh:
You can have one of Ivan's Near Beer's.

Evo said:
You can have one of Ivan's Near Beer's.
And don't forget the bib on the little tyke. :biggrin:

I'll take a Dos Eques thank you...

Astronuc said:
And don't forget the bib on the little tyke. :biggrin:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome to PF, Hawknc! Sure - go ahead and have a beer!11 However, it's good to know that when one of the PF Sisterhood offers you a welcome fish, you'd better say "THANK YOU"!111 :biggrin: You see, we are Nuns with Guns (DANG!11 - I can't find that picture! Can anyone help me out here?) and TOTALLY run this show (from our barstools). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8905/barstoolsisters1sn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah wtach out for the sisters, they have mentor connections, and they're deadly:

http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/nuns1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, tyke. :biggrin:

now where's my Dos Eques?!

Here you go.

XX

Welcome aboard, Hawk. Ignore anything else you read in GD. :biggrin:

DocToxyn said:
Here you go.

XX
I'll take what I can get...

...does that come in blue?

Word up dude, welcome, one more engineer to add to the brigade!

Do you know Kylie?

The last time I checked it 'Dos Equis' was

XX

Yomamma, you have to be able to reach the bar before you can have one. :biggrin:

Does anyone remember Tres Equis, or is it my imagination. I think Tres Equis was a dark beer.

Personally I prefer Guinness Stout or Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout or other stouts, and Chimay Ale's.

I think at 6 feet tall, I can reach the bar just fine

yomamma said:
I think at 6 feet tall, I can reach the bar just fine
Yom, I hope you know I'm kidding about the size, but your still too young for a beer.

Too young for a beer?! I won't hear of such impiousness!

Yomamma can have an Uno Equis (the other Equis is the half with the alcohol :biggrin:).

Welcome to PF, Hawk! Now that you have your welcome fish and a beer, please don't feed the penguins. If you do, they never go away. :biggrin:

then I'll have a corona

Many thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'll just avoid all wildlife for the moment to be safe...

What does "Don't blame me, it's my first day" mean?

"Don't blame me, it's my first day" is a phrase commonly used by individuals who are new to a job or task and may not have all the necessary knowledge or experience yet. It is often used as an excuse for mistakes or mishaps that may occur during the learning process.

Is "Don't blame me, it's my first day" a valid excuse for mistakes?

While it may be understandable for someone who is new to a job or task to make mistakes, "Don't blame me, it's my first day" should not be used as a constant excuse. It is important for individuals to take responsibility for their actions and learn from their mistakes in order to improve and succeed in their role.

How can I prepare for my first day on a new job?

To prepare for your first day on a new job, it is important to familiarize yourself with the company and its policies, review any training materials provided, and ask questions to clarify any uncertainties. It is also helpful to arrive early, dress professionally, and have a positive attitude.

What should I do if I make a mistake on my first day?

If you make a mistake on your first day, it is important to take responsibility for it and apologize if necessary. It is also important to communicate with your supervisor or colleagues and ask for guidance on how to correct the mistake and prevent it from happening again in the future.

How can I overcome the fear and anxiety of starting a new job?

Starting a new job can be nerve-wracking, but it is important to remember that everyone has a first day and it is normal to feel anxious. It can be helpful to focus on the positive aspects of the job, such as the opportunities for growth and learning. Additionally, taking deep breaths, staying organized, and seeking support from colleagues can help alleviate some of the anxiety.