Should be a simple problem but im stuck

• Thread starter anglum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stuck
In summary, the problem is considered simple because it likely has a straightforward solution. However, there could be various reasons for getting stuck on this problem, such as a lack of understanding, mistakes in approach, or small errors in code. To approach the problem in a simple way, it is recommended to break it down into smaller parts. There are many available resources to help with this problem, including textbooks, online tutorials, and reaching out to experts for assistance. To prevent getting stuck on similar problems in the future, continuous learning, practice, and a clear and logical thought process are key.
anglum

Homework Statement

A metric ton is 1 times 10 to the 3rd power
how many 86kg ppl can safely occupy an elevator that can hold a maximum mass of exactly one metric ton? answer in units of ppl

The Attempt at a Solution

i divided 1000kg by 86kg to get 11.627 people

when i enter that as my answer it is wrong

any help?

Physics news on Phys.org
nevermind i am a moron... u can't have .627 of a person... wow sorry guys

It seems like you have the right approach to solving this problem. However, there may be a few factors that could be causing your answer to be incorrect. First, make sure you are using the correct conversion factor for metric ton to kilograms. It should be 1 metric ton = 1000 kilograms, not 1 times 10 to the 3rd power. Additionally, check if the problem specifies whether the elevator's maximum mass includes the weight of the elevator itself. If it does, you may need to subtract the weight of the elevator from the maximum mass before dividing by 86kg. Finally, double check your calculations to ensure there are no errors. If you are still having trouble, I suggest seeking help from your teacher or a classmate. Good luck!

1. Why is this problem considered simple?

This problem may be considered simple because it likely has a straightforward solution that can be easily implemented.

2. What could be causing me to be stuck on this simple problem?

There could be a number of reasons why you are stuck on this problem. It could be due to a lack of understanding of the concepts involved, a mistake in your approach, or even a small error in your code.

3. How can I approach this problem in a simple way?

The best way to approach this problem is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. This will help you to better understand the problem and make it easier to find a solution.

4. What resources can I use to help me with this simple problem?

There are many resources available to help you with this problem. You can refer to textbooks, online tutorials, or even reach out to other experts in the field for assistance.

5. How can I prevent getting stuck on simple problems in the future?

To prevent getting stuck on simple problems in the future, it is important to have a strong foundation of knowledge in the relevant subject. This can be achieved through continuous learning and practice. It is also helpful to approach problems with a clear and logical thought process.