Find the Atom and Mole Ratios for Compound CH3COOC2H5 | Quick Help

• Thread starter ASMA HASSAN
  • Start date
In summary, the compound CH3COOC2H5 has a ratio of 3 carbon atoms to 2 oxygen atoms. The mole ratio of carbon to oxygen is also 3:2. The mole ratio is the numerical ratio of the number of moles of molecules needed to make a balanced reaction or in certain cases, the ratio of the number of basic units (atoms or ionic formula). The mole can refer to any type of object, not just molecules. However, the mole ratio for this compound is the same as the atom ratio. The email address of the expert is not available, but you can ask questions on the forum thread. To solve the problem, you need to determine the number of carbon and oxygen atoms in the
ASMA HASSAN
1. Homework Statement [/b]
on this compound ( CH3COOC2H5)
what is the
1) atom ratio of C to O ?
2) mole ratio of the same

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
How many carbon atoms? How many oxygen atoms?

can i add you on my email..
to help me easier?

Please show the work.

Borek provided the method for part 1.

How are atoms and moles related?

Last edited:
please i have more question..

can i get your email?

ASMA HASSAN said:
please i have more question..

can i get your email?
Please do not request emails. Please ask questions in the forum in the thread. That is the point of the forum.

i need them fast .. so, can you concentrate with me??

Chemistry is not my subject, but I thought a "mole ratio" was simply the numerical ratio of the number of moles of molecules needed to make a balanced reaction, or in certain cases where the substance doesn't come in molecules, it's in terms of the basic unit, atom or ionic formula. (It can then be multiplied by the molecular or unit weight to determine appropriate ratios of masses of reactants). For example, if the reactants are hydrogen and oxygen gases (H2 and O2) forming water (H2O) then the mole ratio of hydrogen to oxygen is 2:1, the same as the atom ratio, but if one is reacting solid carbon (where the unit is C) with oxygen gas (O2) to make carbon dioxide (CO2) then the mole ratio is 1:1 but the atom ratio is 1:2. Can a chemist confirm that this is correct?

Since O is not a molecule, and for that matter neither is C the "mole ratio" part of this question doesn't make much sense to me, and appears to require an additional assumption. I would personally state my assumption and answer the question on that basis.

Jonathan Scott said:
Chemistry is not my subject, but I thought a "mole ratio" was simply the numerical ratio of the number of moles of molecules needed to make a balanced reaction, or in certain cases where the substance doesn't come in molecules, it's in terms of the basic unit, atom or ionic formula. (It can then be multiplied by the molecular or unit weight to determine appropriate ratios of masses of reactants). For example, if the reactants are hydrogen and oxygen gases (H2 and O2) forming water (H2O) then the mole ratio of hydrogen to oxygen is 2:1, the same as the atom ratio, but if one is reacting solid carbon (where the unit is C) with oxygen gas (O2) to make carbon dioxide (CO2) then the mole ratio is 1:1 but the atom ratio is 1:2. Can a chemist confirm that this is correct?

When explaining moles I like to refer to the mole as "overgrown dozen" - just like dozen is 12 objects, mole is 6.02*1023 objects. You may have dozen atoms, dozen molecules, you may have mole of atoms, mole of atoms. Generally speaking you may have mole of cars (not that it makes any sense, but technically that's correct).

Since O is not a molecule, and for that matter neither is C the "mole ratio" part of this question doesn't make much sense to me, and appears to require an additional assumption. I would personally state my assumption and answer the question on that basis.

See above - mole doesn't have to refer specifically to chemically sound molecules (although it usually does). In this case it just refers to the ratio of numbers of atoms.

ASMA HASSAN said:
i need them fast .. so, can you concentrate with me??

If you need it fast, then get to work using what you have been told already.

To solve this question you need to answer Borek's question from post #2: how many C atoms and how many O atoms are in the molecule CH3COOC2H5 ? Spending time on anything else (like asking for the email address of anybody who will talk to you) is not a good use of your time.

1. What is the best way to get a fast help?

The best way to get a fast help is to clearly state your problem and provide all necessary information, such as any error messages or steps you have already taken to try and solve the issue. This will help the person assisting you to understand the problem and provide a quicker solution.

2. How can I make sure I receive a fast help?

To ensure a fast help, it is important to reach out to the appropriate person or resource. If you are seeking help from a specific individual, make sure to contact them directly. If you are seeking help from a company or organization, check their website or contact their customer service for the best way to receive assistance.

3. Is there a specific format I should use when asking for fast help?

While there is no specific format, it is helpful to be clear and concise when asking for help. Include relevant details and try to avoid unnecessary information. Using bullet points or numbered lists can also help organize your request and make it easier for the person assisting you to understand your problem.

4. How long does it usually take to receive a fast help?

The time it takes to receive a fast help varies depending on the complexity of the problem and the availability of the person or resource providing assistance. It is best to be patient and understanding, but if you feel that your request has been overlooked or ignored, it is appropriate to follow up after a reasonable amount of time has passed.

5. Are there any other resources I can use to get a fast help?

If you are unable to receive a fast help from the initial source you reached out to, there are other resources you can utilize. Online forums and communities, social media groups, and other support networks can often provide quick and helpful solutions. It is also a good idea to keep a list of helpful resources or contacts for future reference.