Tecplot Value Blanking: Ignoring a Range of Values

• Thread starter darkfall13
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Value
In summary, the speaker is trying to ignore a specific range of values (-10 to 10) in their data, but the Value Blanking option only allows for less than/greater than or equal to values. They are seeking a way to trick the program into blanking this specific interval. More information about the data and program being used may help find alternative solutions.
darkfall13
I have a range of data colored using multi with respect to a variable. The contour levels for this have been set to run from -50 to 50. But I want the plot to ignore some intermediate range of values. The Value Blanking option only allows less than/greater than or equal to. I merely want to ignore the range -10 to 10 but of course how value blanking works it'll ignore everything above or below the given value (for example ignores from 10 to -50).

Is there a way to trick the program into blanking an interval?

Physics news on Phys.org
It sounds like you're trying to work around the limitations of the Value Blanking option. Depending on the type of data and the program you're using, there may be other ways to achieve what you want. Could you provide more details about the type of data and the program you're using? That could help us suggest some solutions.

1. What is Tecplot Value Blanking and why is it useful?

Tecplot Value Blanking is a feature that allows users to ignore a specified range of values in a dataset when generating plots or graphs. This is useful for removing data points that may skew the overall visualization or for focusing on a specific range of values.

2. How do I set up value blanking in Tecplot?

To set up value blanking in Tecplot, you will need to first select the dataset you want to work with. Then, go to the "Data" menu and select "Value Blanking." Here, you can specify the range of values you want to ignore by entering the minimum and maximum values.

3. Can I use value blanking on multiple variables or datasets?

Yes, Tecplot allows you to apply value blanking to multiple variables or datasets within the same plot or graph. Simply select the desired variables or datasets before accessing the Value Blanking feature.

4. What happens to the data points that are ignored through value blanking?

The data points that fall within the specified range of values will be hidden in the plot or graph, but they will still be present in the original dataset. This means that you can easily adjust the value blanking settings if you want to include those data points again.

5. Is there a way to undo or reset value blanking in Tecplot?

Yes, there are a few ways to undo or reset value blanking in Tecplot. You can either uncheck the "Value Blanking" option under the "Data" menu, adjust the value blanking settings to include the previously ignored data points, or simply reload the original dataset.