Help with gradient please

• Thread starter pahunt16
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gradient
In summary, the conversation is about the installation of an all-weather football pitch and a question over the fall for drainage. The fall should not exceed 1% over the total length, which is equivalent to 14 inches over 36 meters. The person asking for help is looking for confirmation that their calculation of .36 meters is correct.
pahunt16
Can you help

we are having an all weather football pitch installed and there is a question over the fall for drainage. it states that the fall should not exceed 1% over the total length.

my question is what is the maximum fall at 1% if the pitch is 36 metres long please

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
welcome to pf!

hi pahunt16! welcome to pf! :wink:

it's exactly what it says …

the fall is 1% of 36 metres, which is … ? :smile:

I have worked out the fall as .36 metres which equates to a fall of 360mm or 14" over the length.

Can you confirm I am correct in saying that one end of the pitch will be 14" lower than the other.

Just looking for confirmation please

Yup! :biggrin:

1° of 36 m is 36 cm (that's why some people like the metric system so much!),

and 2.54 cm = 1" (exactly),

so 36 cm = (36/2.54)" = 14" :smile:

Sure, I'd be happy to help with your question about gradient for your football pitch. The maximum fall at 1% for a pitch that is 36 meters long would be 0.36 meters. This means that over the entire length of the pitch, there should be a maximum difference in elevation of 0.36 meters to ensure proper drainage. It's important to follow this guideline to prevent any potential water pooling or flooding on the pitch. I hope this helps clarify the gradient requirements for your football pitch installation. Let me know if you have any other questions.

1. What is a gradient?

A gradient is a visual effect that involves blending two or more colors together, creating a smooth transition between them. It can be seen in many design elements, such as backgrounds, images, and logos.

2. How do I create a gradient?

To create a gradient, you can use various design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or Canva. These programs have features that allow you to select colors and adjust the gradient's direction and intensity.

3. What is the purpose of using a gradient?

Gradients are used to add depth and dimension to designs, making them more visually appealing. They can also help to create a sense of movement or direction within an image.

4. Can I use a gradient in web design?

Yes, gradients can be used in web design by using CSS code or image files. With CSS, you can create gradients that change color based on the direction and angle, making them a versatile design element for websites.

5. Are there any tips for using gradients in design?

When using gradients in design, it is important to choose colors that complement each other and create a smooth transition. It is also helpful to consider the purpose and message of the design and use gradients to enhance it effectively.