Making LaTeX Characters Bigger: Possible?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter al-mahed
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of changing the size of latex characters. It is mentioned that using "itex" instead of "tex" makes the characters smaller, but the question is how to make them bigger. Different font size functions are suggested, but it is noted that a hack may be needed to make it work on PF.
al-mahed
Hi !

I did search the forum and don't found any thread about this questions: it is possible to chance the size of the latex characters?

I know that if we use the word "itex" instead of "tex" the characters become smaller (to fit the font text size I think), but if we want to make the characters bigger?

[itex]2+2=4[/itex]
[tex]2+2=4[/tex]

[tex]\huge ps: Nevermind, \ I'm \ a \ little \ bit \ distracted \\\\[/tex], but the font size function are not working...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]
\tiny 2+2=4
[/tex] should be tiny

[tex]
\] \tiny 2+2=4 \[
[/tex][tex]
\] \scriptsize 2+2=4 \[
[/tex]

[tex]
\] \normalsize 2+2=4 \[
[/tex]

[tex]
\] \large 2+2=4 \[
[/tex]

[tex]
\] \large $2+2=4$ \[
[/tex]

[tex]
\] \Large $2+2=4$ \[
[/tex]

[tex]
\] \Huge \begin{equation*}2+2=4\end{equation*} \[
[/tex]

[tex]
\Huge \begin{equation*}2+2=4\end{equation*}
[/tex]

..appears to need a hack to make it work on PF... in math mode.

Last edited:
thanks!

[tex]\] \Large 2+2=4 \huge 2+2=4 \normalsize 2+2=4 \[[/tex]

1. Can I make specific characters bigger in LaTeX?

Yes, you can make specific characters bigger in LaTeX by using the \scalebox command and specifying the desired size.

2. How do I make all characters bigger in LaTeX?

To make all characters bigger in LaTeX, you can use the \fontsize and \scalebox commands in combination. This will allow you to specify the font size and scale it to the desired size.

3. Is it possible to make only certain parts of a document bigger in LaTeX?

Yes, it is possible to make only certain parts of a document bigger in LaTeX. This can be achieved by using the \scalebox command within specific environments or by using the \scalebox command on specific text or equations.

4. Are there any limitations to making characters bigger in LaTeX?

There are some limitations to making characters bigger in LaTeX. The maximum size that can be specified is limited by the font size options available in LaTeX, and scaling too large can result in poor resolution and readability.

5. Can I make characters bigger in LaTeX without distorting their shape?

Yes, you can make characters bigger in LaTeX without distorting their shape by using the \resizebox command. This command allows you to specify both the width and height of the text or equation, preserving its original aspect ratio.