2-system combinated balls 1 get striked

• Thread starter agnostos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Balls
In summary, to find the velocity of the center of mass (Vc) of the system, you would need to apply the conservation of momentum and conservation of energy equations. The stick, which has no mass, does not affect these laws. The final equation for Vc would be given as Vc = √(m1Vo^2 + m2Vf^2 + MoV'o^2)/(m1 + m2 + m3).
agnostos

Homework Statement

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/dimios-4-/free_body_4-1.jpg
2 masses m1,m2 are combined with a baton(stick) to a system.first the system is unmovabble.then after the strike of Mo with the m2 the velocity of Vo=Vf=1. BUT the Vf,V2 are vertical.the Uo is parallel to x axis.the Vf is parallel to y axis
who can i find the Vc(velocity of the center mass)m1,m2 ?I am really sorry i make a mistake.Vf is the velocity of mass Mo after the strike

Homework Equations

i am confused.i have to use the p conservation (Pbef=Paft) in the 3 masses ir in the 2 masses?The kinetic energy cons.also in 3 masses?Who does the stick(with no mass)affest to these laws?

The Attempt at a Solution

because of concetration of p=mv in the L-system i have Pbef.=Paft
<=> vectors .. Pox=Puf+P1+P'o x ,y-->x,y axis Puf=P2y

Kaft-Kbef=1/2(m1+m2)Vc^2 + MoV'o is that correct ?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

your approach to solving this problem would be to first identify the variables and equations that are relevant to the situation. In this case, the relevant variables are the masses (m1, m2, and Mo), velocities (Vf, Vo, Vc, and V'o), and the force applied by the strike (Pof). The relevant equations would include the conservation of momentum and the conservation of energy.

To find the velocity of the center of mass (Vc), you would need to apply the conservation of momentum equation, which states that the total momentum before and after the strike must be equal. This means that Pbef = Paft. In this case, the initial momentum (Pbef) would be equal to the final momentum (Paft), which is equal to the sum of the momentums of each individual mass and the baton.

So, Pbef = m1Vo + m2Vf + MoV'o = Paft

To solve for Vc, you would need to use the equation for the center of mass, which is Vc = (m1V1 + m2V2 + m3V3 + ...)/Mtotal, where Mtotal is the total mass of the system. In this case, the system consists of m1, m2, and the baton, so Mtotal = m1 + m2 + m3.

You can also use the conservation of energy equation to solve for Vc, by equating the initial kinetic energy (Kbef) to the final kinetic energy (Kaft).

Kbef = Kaft

1/2(m1Vo^2 + m2Vf^2 + MoV'o^2) = 1/2(m1Vc^2 + m2Vc^2 + MoV'c^2)

Solving for Vc, you would get: Vc = √(m1Vo^2 + m2Vf^2 + MoV'o^2)/(m1 + m2 + m3)

The stick, which has no mass, does not affect the conservation laws, as it does not contribute to the total momentum or kinetic energy of the system. It only acts as a means of transferring the force from the strike to the masses.

I hope this helps you solve the problem. Good luck!

What is a "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked"?

A "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked" is a scientific term used to describe a set of two ball systems where one ball is struck by the other. This term is commonly used in the study of collisions and dynamics.

What are the main components of a "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked"?

The main components of a "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked" are two balls, each with their own mass and velocity, and a point of impact where one ball strikes the other. Other factors such as the angle of impact and the elasticity of the balls can also play a role in the outcome of the collision.

What is the significance of studying "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked"?

The study of "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked" allows scientists to better understand the laws of motion and the principles of energy conservation. This knowledge has practical applications in fields such as engineering, sports, and transportation.

What factors can affect the outcome of a "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked" collision?

Several factors can impact the outcome of a "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked" collision, including the masses and velocities of the balls, the angle and location of impact, and the elasticity of the balls. Other external factors such as friction and air resistance can also play a role.

How is momentum conserved in a "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked" collision?

In a closed system where there is no external force acting, the total momentum of the system must remain constant. In a "2-system combinated balls 1 get striked" collision, the initial momentum of the two balls before the impact must equal the final momentum of the two balls after the impact. This is known as the law of conservation of momentum.