What Are the Equations of Motion for the Print Head Control System?

In summary, the problem involves finding the time history of a block with an unknown location of an inductor and a spring. The equations of motion need to be written and solved to find the solution. The problem also involves finding a transfer function, which includes an inductor with inductance L and resistance R.
eh87
Homework Statement
Please refer to the image attached for problem statement and diagram.

There's an inductor somewhere, but I have no idea where and I don't know how to accommodate for it. I can also see that there's another energy storage device, the spring on the right.

I have no idea where to start with the equations of motion, but I know how to put them in SS form. If someone would help me with the equations (i.e. point me in the right direction to get me started), that would be great!

Attachments

• 435_3.JPG
    435_3.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 282
Physics news on Phys.org
There's an inductor somewhere, but I have no idea where and I don't know how to accommodate for it

What?

This is purely mechanical. You want to find x(t), the time history of the block (print head). The best way to do this is to write it as a differential equation and solve that. So..

[tex]Mx'' = \Sigma(forces) = -bx' - kx + \frac{\tau(t)}{r}[/tex]

You can then put this in state space (just define the state variables).

Last edited:
Hey thanks for your help.

The second part of the problem asks for a transfer function of X(s)/V(s) and he said in class that there's an inductor somewhere with inductance L and resistance R, so I know for sure there's an electrical part to it somewhere.

What is a print head control system?

A print head control system is a mechanism that controls the movement of the print head in a printer. It is responsible for accurately positioning the print head to deposit ink or toner onto the paper in the correct locations, resulting in a high-quality printed document.

How does a print head control system work?

A print head control system typically uses motors and sensors to move and track the position of the print head. The motors move the print head along the X and Y axes, while the sensors provide feedback on the position of the print head, ensuring precise movement.

What are the benefits of a print head control system?

A print head control system helps to ensure the accuracy and consistency of printed documents, resulting in high-quality prints. It also allows for faster printing speeds and reduces the chances of errors or misprints.

Are there different types of print head control systems?

Yes, there are different types of print head control systems, depending on the type of printer. Some printers use a fixed print head, while others use a moving print head. There are also variations in the types of motors and sensors used in different print head control systems.

What are some common issues with print head control systems?

Some common issues with print head control systems include misalignment of the print head, malfunctioning motors or sensors, and clogged print heads. Regular maintenance and cleaning can help prevent these issues and ensure the proper functioning of the print head control system.