Tiddly Beer Beer Beer

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beer
In summary, the participants in this conversation discussed their favorite types and brands of beer. Some popular choices included darker beers such as Guinness, New Castle, and Negra Modelo, as well as ciders like Hornsby's Amber. Other favorites included Red Hook Extra Special Bitter, Sam Smith's stout, and Heineken. Some participants also mentioned microbrews like Dogfish Head 90 min IPA and Iron Hill Brewery's Pig Iron Porter. The conversation also touched on the popularity of hefeweizens and the chemical aspect of American beers. Overall, the participants shared their love for a variety of beers and brands, both domestic and international.
TheStatutoryApe
Lord Bless Charlie Mops.

So what are your favourite types and brands of beer?

I prefer darker beers myself, Guinness being my favourite. New Castle, Negra Modelo, Sapporo, and Flying Dog(Denver microbrew) are the only other beers I have ever tried and enjoyed.
Otherwise I have also enjoyed several ciders, Hornsby's Amber being my favourite. HardCore Black was one of my favourites as well but I think the HardCore Cider Co is gone now. Woodchuck and Wyders are decent.

Physics news on Phys.org
Red Hook Extra Special Bitter. A cold beer in the evening of a hot day...aahhhh!

I like all sorts. Sam Smith's stout is better than Guinness, but I like that as well.

Guinness. Hands down.

I wore a PBR shirt today, haha. At least that brand is cheap enough for us young bucks.

Last edited:
I vote Hoegaarden and MooseHead.

Edit: Beer needs to be properly spelled.

Last edited:
Oh yeah hoegaarden. Ich liebe weissbier. :smile:

I drink Keith's India Pale Ale in bars. At home, I stick with Lucky because it's the cheapest stuff that you can get around here. (I was astounded to find out that it's considered a 'top-line' beer in the US.)
If neither is available, I go with Pil.
(Every once in a while I'll have a half of Guinness because it looks so nice, but it tastes like it has been filtered through a moose.)

Danger said:
I drink Keith's India Pale Ale in bars. At home, I stick with Lucky because it's the cheapest stuff that you can get around here. (I was astounded to find out that it's considered a 'top-line' beer in the US.)
If neither is available, I go with Pil.
(Every once in a while I'll have a half of Guinness because it looks so nice, but it tastes like it has been filtered through a moose.)

You can buy cases of Coors Light, Budweiser, Labbatt's and so on in Quebec for $22.50! Also, Hoegaarden is available in Quebec. It's hard to find here in Quebec. My buddy bought 30 of them in Quebec and since they only come in 6-packs it cost him $75!

Lately, Guinness has been tasting watered down to me. I've been enjoying some of the beers by the Great Lakes Brewing Co...Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, and Burning River Ale. I've also discovered one called Dead Guy Ale that I like (the bar I went to the last day I taught gross anatomy this year just happened to have it and it seemed a fitting beer to celebrate that class being done, so I tried it just for the name...really tasty); that's made by Rogue Brewing Co in Oregon. There's also Mountaineer Brewing Co., which is a WV brewery that has a nice Nut Brown that I like, but only bottled. I went to a bar that had it on tap, and it didn't taste very good on tap. Odd...usually beers are better on tap than bottled.

...a cold, cloudy hefeweizen on a hot, sunny day is wonderful. Pyramid brewery mades a good one.

Wychwood brewery is one of my favourites.

I always enjoyed a little dark Heiney.

Ivan Seeking said:

Has Tsu already left for the week? :uhh:

Best American macro brew= Yuengling lager (oldest brewery in the US too)

Other favs (all microbrews): Dogfish head 90 min IPA, Victory Hop Devil, Victory Storm King, Iron Hill Brewery's Pig Iron Porter, 3 Floyds Dark Lord Stout, anything from Yards.

I don't understand why hefewiezens have all of the sudden become all the rage. They are nasty. Any beer that needs fruit put in it=:yuck:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Has Tsu already left for the week? :uhh:

EnjoyED:bugeye:

I stopped drinking long before the micro-brew craze, but I always did like the finer dark beers. Heiney and Sapporo were both real good.

gravenewworld said:
I don't understand why hefewiezens have all of the sudden become all the rage. They are nasty. Any beer that needs fruit put in it=:yuck:

I don't put fruit in them. They are pretty low on my list of beers though, but they are considered a nice, light summer beer, so that's why they all come out this time of year.

Ivan Seeking said:

:redface:...too much information...:redface:

Kurdt said:
I like all sorts. Sam Smith's stout is better than Guinness, but I like that as well.
I like the Oatmeal and Imperial Stouts and Taddy Porter. Their Nut Brown and Pale Ales are also very good.

Chimay Red and Blue are fine Trappiste Ales.

And I certainly enjoy Guinness Stout.

These are all some fancy beers - as for myself the American beers e.g. Budweiser makes me a bit sick ; they all seem to have somekind of a chemical aspect to them. It turns out that this chemical aspect may be related to hops which were chemically modified to treat the skunky property of beer. I've been drinking more and more of Heineken these days.

busch and miller

---seriously---I guess some things don't have to be exotic

Last edited:
What I find hilarious in britain is going to a real ale bar where people order fosters and carling.

lisab said:
:redface:...too much information...:redface:

LOL.

Guinnesss by far whenever I can get it then the New Belgiums' 1554, followed by the Fat Tire. In the summer I am partial to the Skinny Dip Ale.

Kurdt said:

Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout is my favorite.

Brand Up from Brand brewery down in Wijlre in Limburg in the south of Holland about 2 km from the German border. Originally called Brand Up, relaunched a few years ago as Brand Urtyp and now reverting to its old name. A good German style hoppy, estery beer. And the region is nice too. Unlike the rest of the Netherlands, Limburg has hills! It's 26 deg C outside and I'm looking forward to one after work now!

Red Rum said:
Brand Up from Brand brewery down in Wijlre in Limburg in the south of Holland about 2 km from the German border. Originally called Brand Up, relaunched a few years ago as Brand Urtyp and now reverting to its old name. A good German style hoppy, estery beer. And the region is nice too. Unlike the rest of the Netherlands, Limburg has hills! It's 26 deg C outside and I'm looking forward to one after work now!

Whilst I admit that Brand is on the short list for the Dutch brands, one should certainly not pass by Amstel 1870 too lighthearthy. But for the Twenthenaren there is only Grolsch, especially "Het Kanon", which certainly lives up to the expectations the name generates.

But I'd prefer a Pinot gris when it's 26 degrees.

Last edited:
I never drink beer, I don't like it very much. The only kinds I have tried that I have not minded are guiness and mgd. The only other ones I've tried are the usual coors, molson, pilsner...ect and i hate them.

American Macrobrewery: Sam Adams

But I drink lots of locals. Boulevard Brewing Company beers, and my favorite is the stout by Granite City Brewery.

The best beers and ales available locally come from a micro-brewery about 15 miles from here. Oak Pond Brewery makes some excellent brews. For the commercial brews, I'll pick up Guinness, Heineken, or Becks if I'm feeling flush and Molson Golden if I'm not.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Lord Bless Charlie Mops.

He invented a wonderful drink, and he made it out of hops.

I like Becks! and Radler :)

I've been enjoying beer commercials lately-

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange this came up. I went to a beer festival yesterday. They have 52 beers on. I managed to try 9 of them. :smile:

fuzzyfelt said:
I've been enjoying beer commercials lately-
Heh. You can watch a video of a commercial on Youtube, but first have to watch an actual commercial before the video starts!

I like this one best among the Heinekens:

Last edited by a moderator:
<h2>What is "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer"?</h2><p>"Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" is a type of beer that is known for its strong, malty flavor and high alcohol content.</p><h2>Where does "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" originate from?</h2><p>It is believed that "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" originated in England, specifically in the county of Yorkshire.</p><h2>What makes "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" different from other beers?</h2><p>One of the main differences is its high alcohol content, which can range from 8-12%. It also has a unique flavor profile, with notes of caramel and toffee.</p><h2>How is "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" made?</h2><p>"Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" is typically made using traditional brewing methods, with a focus on using high-quality malts and hops. It also undergoes a longer fermentation process to achieve its strong flavor and high alcohol content.</p><h2>Can "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" be aged?</h2><p>Yes, "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" can be aged, which can enhance its flavor and complexity. It is recommended to age it for at least 6 months to a year before consuming.</p>

What is "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer"?

"Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" is a type of beer that is known for its strong, malty flavor and high alcohol content.

Where does "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" originate from?

It is believed that "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" originated in England, specifically in the county of Yorkshire.

What makes "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" different from other beers?

One of the main differences is its high alcohol content, which can range from 8-12%. It also has a unique flavor profile, with notes of caramel and toffee.

How is "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" made?

"Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" is typically made using traditional brewing methods, with a focus on using high-quality malts and hops. It also undergoes a longer fermentation process to achieve its strong flavor and high alcohol content.

Can "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" be aged?

Yes, "Tiddly Beer Beer Beer" can be aged, which can enhance its flavor and complexity. It is recommended to age it for at least 6 months to a year before consuming.

Back