Resource/reference for particle interactions?

In summary, there are a few options for finding descriptions of particle interactions. One option is to search for "electron positron" on a website and get back relevant Feynman diagrams. Another option is to consult a reference tome such as "The Physicist's Book of Particle Interactions." If those options are too idealistic, the next best thing would be to use a resource like the Particle Data Group, which may have educational materials on this topic.
Tokipin
Is there a collection somewhere of particle interaction descriptions? For example, if I'm wondering what an electron-positron interaction does, what website can I type "electron positron" into and get back a handful of Feynman diagrams of relevant interactions?

If that's too idealistic, is there some reference tome which has such descriptions? Like "The Physicist's Book of Particle Interactions?"

If that's also too idealistic, what is the next best thing?

I'm curious about these things but I don't have the background yet to understand them rigorously, which is why a reference resource would be more usable for me at this point.

Physics news on Phys.org
The Particle Data Group might have something that you can use. It's mainly oriented towards professionals, but it does have some educational resources.

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of resource I'm interested in.

What are particle interactions?

Particle interactions are the fundamental forces that govern the behavior of particles in the universe. These interactions include electromagnetic, strong nuclear, weak nuclear, and gravitational forces.

What is the Standard Model and how does it explain particle interactions?

The Standard Model is a theory that describes the fundamental particles and their interactions. It explains particle interactions through the exchange of force-carrying particles, such as photons, gluons, and W and Z bosons.

What is the role of quantum mechanics in understanding particle interactions?

Quantum mechanics is crucial in understanding particle interactions as it explains how particles behave on a microscopic level. It allows us to predict the behavior of particles in different interactions and has been successfully used to explain many phenomena in particle physics.

How do scientists study and observe particle interactions?

Scientists use particle accelerators and detectors to study and observe particle interactions. Particle accelerators accelerate particles to high energies, and detectors record the results of particle collisions, providing valuable data for studying interactions.

What are some resources for learning more about particle interactions?

Some resources for learning more about particle interactions include books, scientific journals, and online databases. Universities and research institutions also offer courses and seminars on particle physics and related topics.